Easy to Make with Cricut Scrapbook Page Idea-Shapes and Rectangles
This scrapbook layout has a theme of fall, apple picking, Halloween, and Girl Scouting. I had so many photos to include in this layout I decided on three simple cutouts using my Circut Personal Cutting Machine; a pizza slice, a star, and a beachball.
I used my Center Point button on the Cricut to determine theexact center in the photo I wanted to have the shape cut out around. It is a simple process-you place the cutting blade on the Cricut Machine to be in the middle of the photo area and it will cut around that area in the shape you decide on.
The scrapbooking cardstock I used was a simple white cardstock which has a textured pattern. In fact, I use that same cardstock for my test cutouts. That is something I recommend before you attempt a cutout on a more expensive piece of scrapbooking cardstock. The white cardstock can be purchased in a pad form at any scrapbook supply store or the craft department of a department store.
Cricut Cartridge: Simply Charmed
Blade Depth: #2
Paper: 12"x12" printed cardstock from DCWV "Stack 7"
For the rectangular photos I used my Provocraft Scissors #34-0004 to cut a scalloped edge for a more interesting look. I have three different types of these scissors to cut edges.
Amazon.com-"Return to the uncomplicated joys of life with the Simply Charmed cartridge. This delightful cartridge is filled with layered images with themes like seasons, holidays, and food. You will absolutely adore the whimsical style, range of images, and Word feature. Use the latest Cricut cartridges to create unique and engaging designs for every occasion. The versatility of the cartridges will surprise even the most imaginative crafters."
Step by Step
1. CIRCLE cutout: Use the <Beachbal>, pg 51 using Shift and Beachball key. Cut the photo 1/4" smaller than the background cutout, for example a 3 1/4" photo will need a 3 1/2" layer behind it, and 1/4" added to additional layers if needed.
2. PIZZA cutout: Use the <Pizza>, pg 76 using just the Pizza key. Again, cut each photo to desired size, then the backgrounds 1/4" larger.
3. STAR cutout: Use the <Star>, pg 68 using just the Star key.
CRAYONS: for each box:
4. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" using Shadow and Crayonbx key. Color is White cardstock. This will cutout the background bottom layer
5. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" using Crayonbx key only. Color is Green Cardstock for the open box flap and "Crayola" name.
6. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" using Layer 1 & Crayonbx key. Color Red cardstock for the red crayon and face cheeks.
7. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" using Layer 2 & Crayonbx key. Color Blue cardstock for the blue crayon.
8. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" using Layer 2 & Crayonbx key. Color Yellow cardstock for the yellow crayon.
9. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" using Layer 3 & Crayonbx key. Color Red cardstock for the bottom layer of Box front & small Bars on crayons.
10. Cut one <CrayonBx>, pg 52, Size 2" Using Layer 4 and Crayonbx key. Color Tan cardstock for the front of the crayon box.
11. Assemble and adhere together the crayon box as shown. Shadow Layer, Green Flap, the three Crayons, Red under layer, then box front. Adhere together, then add the "Crayola" name to the front.
TREE- For each tree:
12. Cut one <Tree1>, pg 55, 2" using tree1 key. This will cutout the Green Tree shape.
13. Cut one <Tree1>, pg 55, 2" using Layer 2 & tree1 key. This will cutout the Brown Tree trunk.
14. Cut one <Tree1>, pg 55, 2" using Layer 3 and tree1 key. This will cutout the small flowers. I used red cardstock to depict Apples on the tree.
15. Assemble and adhere the tree with the trunk on top of the green shape and the "apples" on the green cutout.
16. On each of the photographs you can choose to ink small dots around each background layer for added interest.
The rectangular photos and backgrounds were hand cut with my ProvoCraft scissors; however you can use the Cricut Cutting Machine to cut a rectangular shape also.