How to make a cute popsicle stick Angel Ornament
Ready for a new project for Christmas?
Hello again and welcome to my new hub on how to make a cute angel ornament out of a popsicle stick and a few other crafty items you have around the house. This cutie is easy to put together and would be a great project for you and your daughter or granddaughter to do for Christmas. Remember there are only 124 more days till Christmas so if you start now you will be so ahead of the game. Handmade gifts are always a big hit, so why not make them for all the girls in the family or your friends. Dress them up as much or little as you would like, get creative and you will certainly put a smile on their faces at Christmas time.
Hope you have fun and be sure to come back for my next hub in which I will show you how to make a very gorgeous and country "Joy Wooden Angel".
What you will need to get started:
- 3-1/2" x 13" fabric (poka dot or any desired design)
- 3/4" wooden button flat head
- 40 (7-1/2") strands of gold cotton for hair
- Black foam craft 4"x4" size
- 2" pearl string for halo
- 8" black thin ribbon for hanging
- Small silver star or heart
- Small black ribbon flower or other decoration
- 1 (4-1/2") popsicle stick, 1" wide not the skinny ones
- Skin tone colored paint (or mix white & mauve colors)
- Black fine point permanent marker & thin paint brush
- Blush powder for cheeks
- White thread and sewing needle
- 6" white pipe cleaner or "fuzzy sticks" for arms
- Hot glue and glue sticks and fabric glue
These are all the materials you will need to get started
Instructions for making the little cutie!!!
- Glue the hem of the dress with the fabric glue, then baste sew the top portion of the fabric leaving a long string to pull and make the pleats. Pull lightly and create pleats then make a knot and tie off. Glue the dress onto the popsicle stick (using the hot glue) leaving 1-1/4" of popsicle stick showing at the top and making sure that the popsicle stick doesn't show at the bottom so it's covered with the dress. Then cut off 3/4" at the top with sharp scissors or exact-o knife. Glue the backside of the seam of the dress together with the fabric glue, making sure it lines up nicely. From here on in you will use only the hot glue for the remainder of the project.
- Cut the heart shape from the black fabric, use any design, or create your own.
- Glue the head to the top front of the popsicle stick, just above the dress top. Paint the face in skin tone color, let dry and then add the face features as shown in the photo with black marker and then add a small amount of blush on the cheeks with the dry brush.
- Take a strand of gold cotton and tie in the center of the gold strands you have already cut into the 7-1/2" size, simulating a part, tie very loosely so that you can mange the hair and glue in place on top of the head center. Only glue the top for now.
- Glue pipe cleaner to the backside of the body keeping the two hands folding towards the front.
- Fold ribbon in half and place glue in the center of the hear and then add ribbon in place for hanging.
- Glue the body to the heart, hold down tightly and wait a few minutes till dry, keeping most of the hair towards the front. Glue the ribbon flower under the chin.
- Shape arms to front and glue together overlapping a bit, then glue the star in place.
- Glue the insides of the hair to the button head sides carefully to hold hair in place.
- Glue the pearl halo together and then in place on top of the head being careful not to use too much glue at only a couple of places.
There - you are done! This is such a cute project, you will want to make them using different fabric designs, the possibilities are endless - have fun!
Craft ideas on Amazon
Check out more of my crafty hubs!
- How to make a snowman ornament from a recycled light bulb
I am always looking for things around the house to create new and fun ornaments for the Holidays. This one is from a burnt out light bulb, easy and a great ornament to make with the kids.
- Holiday handmade gifts on a budget
Handmade gifts are so special to those who receive them and so much fun for those who create them. This Christmas give someone a handmade gift and watch them light up as your heart fills with joy!
- How to make a cute popsicle stick Angel Ornament
Another of my very cute re-cycled Christmas projects to make this Holiday Season, this little cutie is made from a popsicle stick and a few other supplies lying around the house, enjoy!
- Easy peasy purple crochet scarf
If you love to crochet like I do, this project will take you no time at all to make. Choose from so many awesome colors and yarns and make these for everyone this winter season, they will love them!
- Recycled handmade Angel Christmas ornament
Making angel ornaments for the Holidays is a great way to connect with your family. Using recycled materials like an empty diet coke can make them more fun and affordable. You will love it!
- Handmade treasures for Christmas
Christmas is only 124 days away, are you ready? Here I share three more of my handmade Christmas treasures with you to make for family and friends....enjoy!
- Fun things to make for Christmas
Sharing some of my cute Christmas crafts with everyone. These are special gifts that you can make quick and easily this holiday season. Enjoy
- Adorable handmade Christmas ornaments
Here are some of my favorite handmade Christmas Ornaments, Adorable Snow Baby, Christmas Blessings cross and Beautiful Wooden Angel. You will have fun making these!
© 2013 Mary Gaines