- Arts and Design»
- Graphic Art & Design
How to create a custom background for your Hubpage profile
This is my second hub on hubpage and I have already understood how Important it is to have a custom hubpage background.
In this article you will find out why it's important to have custom background for hub profile.
Some creative ideas behind custom background.
How to make a simple profile background using image editor and upload it to hubpages.
And Lastly some useful tips and resource on setting up a good cover.
Custom background for Hubpages
Why to have custom Background image
- A picture can say something what words can't express.You may spend time writing a long bio or simply upload a beautiful creative image that depicts you.
- Make people notice useful information like contact info, your channels ,and social media icons that otherwise people might have not look.
- Makes you stand out from others, you get a chances to express yourself and show your creativity. Which will make a good impression on others.
- Get more people to follow you, whenever you make comments or participate in any forum on hubpages , people generally click on your name and they are taken directly to your profile.So if you have nice background they will be impressed and look forward to your hub.
- Why get custom background ? Because it is very easy and take few minutes.
How to make creative background
Always follow your heart and you will be creative in your actions, but somehow if you are starters you can use some tips and suggestion lifted below.
Tip 1 Show your Contact info
Like I said before contact info are very critical, If you have some other websites as well include it's url. Let people know you better by giving them your Facebook and twitter username.
But make sure they are clearly visible and don't overdo it.
Cover showing contact info
Tip 2 Use Creative Typography
This is another great way. You can use combination of different colors , different fonts and pattern and you can creative a wonderful background.
For example if you are blogger you can write down the keywords you are very passionate about and then arrange them in some pattern using different colors and fonts.
Tip 3 Insert your own Picture
Hubpages allow you some black space at both side ,you can utilize it by inserting you pic. For example if your hub is about cooking you can add an image of you cooking something.This will not only give personalize touch but will ensure your readers how seriously you take your hub.
How to make background
1. Open your image editor and set the resolution and background color for the image.
2. Insert images and write text using different colors and font. Make sure they remain in the sides only otherwise they will be overlap.
3. Save your project as png and upload it on Hubpages.
Watch this video on how to create custom background
- Use png instead of jpeg. Why ? because png don't compromise on image quality and especially if you have text in your background.The file size might be larger than than jpg but you won't have to compromise on image quality.
- If you are using url or contact info make sure they are easily readable and have good amount of space between them.
- Don't try everything, keep things simple. You don't want to confused your visitors so try to give only single message with your background.
- Make sure the background is clearly visible and nothing gets overlapped or it will looks highly unprofessional.
- You will need basic image editing skills and any default text editor will work great.
Source to get free background
If you are ready enough to make your first custom background .. You can sure download some of them from the internet for free.
Images are also copywrite protected to you can't just go to any website and save their image.But don't worry there are some ways by which you can get royalty free image that you can use as your background.
1. Use Google advance image search , set the resolution high and change the license to free to use and modify even for commercial use.
2. Use flicker directory or grsites. They have huge collection of royalty free image .
Whenever possible give credit to the source or photographer.