Ideas for Using Scrapbooking Quotes
Scrapbooking quotes are often incorporated into layouts to help reinforce the theme of a particular page.
Scrapbook Quotes as Journaling
The most common way to use scrapbook quotes is as journaling on your layout. The quote can be a substitute for a page title or a photo caption. This works especially well when the photo is a portrait that speaks for itself. For example, you may have a picture of your daughter that you want to scrapbook just because she’s smiling nicely and you like the dress she’s wearing.
If you have more to say about a photo, however, you can use the quote as a way to start your scrapbook journaling. For example, a quote that talks about how you don’t choose your family could be a good way to begin journaling about how your relationship with your sister has changed over the years from a sibling rivalry to one of mutual respect.
How often do you use quotes in your scrapbook layouts?
Using Scrapbooking Quotes as Design Elements
Another way to incorporate scrapbook quotes into your projects is to use them as design elements. This can be accomplished by incorporating decorative type or mixed media techniques into your layout. For example, highlighting important words in your favorite scrapbooking quotes is a great way to add interest to your pages. You can highlight words by:
- Using a larger, thicker, or more decorative font
- Magnifying the words with clear page pebbles
- Chalking over the words
Other ways to design with scrapbook quotes include:
- Print a scrapbook quote on a piece of twill ribbon.
- Print your favorite scrapbooking quote on a tag and accent with fibers.
- Create a mixed-media look by combining alphabet stickers, buttons, charms, and metal accents to create the quote.
Baby Scrapbook Quotes
Babies tend to inspire people to pick up scrapbooking. There’s just something about a newborn baby’s innocent expression that inspires the desire to make scrapbook layouts!
Popular baby scrapbook quotes you may want to use for your projects include:
- A baby is a blank cheque made payable to the human race. ~Barbara Christine Seifert
- Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see. ~John W. Whitehead
- Children make you want to start life over. ~Muhammad Ali
- Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart ~Author Unknown
- A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for. ~Author Unknown
- Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
- One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star. ~Friedrich Nietsche
- Every child begins the world again.... ~Henry David Thoreau
- People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. ~Leo J. Burke
- The only thing worth stealing a kiss from is a sleeping child. ~ Joe Houldsworth
- A mother's arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them. ~Victor Hugo
- Children are the keys of paradise. ~Richard Stoddard
- Babies are such a nice way to start people. ~Don Herold
- A baby is God's opinion the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg
Family Quotes for Scrapbooking
Some of the bestfamily quotes for scrapbookinginclude the following:
- The lover of life makes the whole world into his family. ~Charles Baudelaire
- Sometimes the best way to keep peace in the family is to keep the members of the family apart for awhile. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
- The more intensely the family has stamped its character upon the child, the more it will tend to feel and see its earlier miniature world again in the bigger world of adult life. ~Carl Gustav Jung
- I know why families were created, with all their imperfections. They humanize you. They are made to make you forget yourself occasionally, so that the beautiful balance of life is not destroyed. ~Anais Nin
- Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. ~Gail Lumet Buckley
- Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ~Jane Howard
- You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
- In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future. ~Alex Haley
- The family is one of nature's masterpieces. ~George Santayana
- An ounce of blood is worth more than a pound of friendship. ~Spanish Proverb
- If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. ~George Bernard Shaw
- I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap. ~Rodney Dangerfield
- Don't hold your parents up to contempt. After all, you are their son, and it is just possible that you may take after them. ~Evelyn Waugh
Wedding Scrapbook Quotes
A wedding scrapbook album is a fun project for any scrapbooker, but working with these pictures can be challenging. A wedding is filled with so many emotions that it’s easy to find yourself at a loss for words when it comes time to scrapbook your wedding photos.
Here are some wedding scrapbook quotes to help you get started on this project:
- Where there is great love, there is always miracles. ~Willa Cather
- If there is anything better than to be loved it is loving. ~Anonymous
- We are shaped and fashioned by what we love. ~Goethe
- Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. ~Leo Tolstoy