- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Instructions for Making Your Own Ring Using Beads and Buttons
Do you really enjoy the idea of crafting with wires and beads? We can make anything whatever we desire to make as long as one is interested to do so. I am going to share with you some of the ideas on how you can make your own diy crafted ring simply by having buttons, beads, and bead wires. Yes, you can make one beautiful ring accessory out of some micro-beads and colorful buttons. Choice of color is yours. If you want better color combinations, you can actually see a color wheel chart. Bead wire are flexible, and it helps you to create more unique project and come out with a beautiful design. Micro-beads are colorful and cheaper in price. While buttons are almost free and available everywhere. You don't have to worry about the cost just use your talent and creativity to come out with a glamorous design.
List of Materials NeededClick thumbnail to view full-size
- stone beads (optional), you can make use of any beads of your choice. For more beautiful ring accessory you can also try to use swarovski stone.
- micro beads, you can use crystal glass beads in silver or golden color.
- colorful buttons, If you have different sizes and more colorful buttons, the better.
- bead wire, choose 8mm-6mm wire to put the micro beads since bead holes are smaller.
ToolsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Tools Necessary for this kind of project
- wire cutter, this is the most useful and commonly available and also known as 'side flush' or 'flush' cutter.
- flat long nose or pliers, this is very ideal for holding and bending wires specially the one with corrugated teeth.
- round nose pliers, this is an essential tool for making wire loops.
Tip#1: Using the right tools in making wire projects can really make all the difference. It makes you finish the project without sweat. And it helps you avoid accidents like pinning your fingers and scratching nails from wire works.
Tip#2: You can use 8mm-6mm wire for micro-beads. Choose the best quality bead wire or jewelry wire. Look for wires that cannot be cut through fingers alone otherwise you would end up making nonsense project.
How to Make A DIY RingClick thumbnail to view full-size
- To make a wire loop, you need a round nose pliers.
- Before you totally bend the wire loop, insert one golden micro bead just for design purpose.
- Close the loop carefully.
- Add the stone bead (optional). Then at the bottom of stone bead, make an end loop.
- Make five ornament and attach them with a bead wire to create a flower form.
- At the base, attach at least three different sizes of colorful buttons.
- Lock the wire between the button and ornament to hide the mess.
- Make sure you use the longer nose pliers to avoid breaking some loops and micro beads.
- Measure at least 2" of bead wire. Make a smaller loop to hold the micro-beads on top.
- After putting micro-beads, leave at least 2 cm size to attach it at the bottom of the ornament.
- Locked it carefully with pliers.
- You have two option for the ring.
- Buy any finished circular ring in the market for a DIY ring project, or
- Make your own using bigger wire gauge for the ring.
Note:You try to use two pliers at the same time to lock small loops that you cannot hold with your fingers alone.
Wooden Wood Handcrafted and Hand Painted Ring
Handcrafted Projects Using Beads and Wires
Join Hubpages Today!
Hubpages is an open community. Just create articles and you'll earn all sorts of rewards. Hubpages are open to those interested in writing quality material articles, and also for those who are willing to share ideas and insights. Write and Learn at the same time and earn online.
Sign up here and join hubpages today!
© 2013 agapsikap