- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Loadsa crafty stuff, the June McEwan way: How-to make easy personalised bunting
A quick how-to summary
Crieff is set to make as much bunting as it possibly can!
ARC Art make their own bunting.
List of Materials and Equipment
1. Fabric which doesn't fray
2. Fabric binding tape, (bias)
3. Needle & thread, for sewing
4. Bostik glue, for adding lettering or other personalised details
7. Triangle template
Step 1. Make your template
2. Pin the template to your fabric, draw round, remove template and cut out your shape.
3. Fold your binding tape and tuck one of your triangles into the fold. Pin and tack. Measure 5cm along and do the same with your next triangle and so on..
4. Every so often add a peice of tape, ribbon or extra lengths of fabric to create helpful hanging loops.
5. Stitch the bunting together. This can be done by hand or using a machine
We added the name of our group to our bunting by drawing out letters onto plain calico fabric, and patterned them using fabric pens.
Fabric and permanent markers are ideal for jazzing up plain fabric
Adding glue to the back of a letter
We simply used Bostik Glue spread right to the edge of our letters to stick our letters onto our bunting triangles
The knockdown Group completed theirs in 2 hours!
The Great Crieff Bunting Project is part of Crieff High Street Arts Festival
- CRIEFF HIGH ST ARTS FESTIVAL - Home
Crieff High Street Arts Festival aims to unite Crieff in a celebration of the arts.