- Arts and Design
Make A Personalized Bookmark
Bookmarks are very useful. It will remind you where to start reading again after a break, or having a long hours or days of pause. It also leaves important messages. Time after time after re-opening the book it guides you where you left of and helps you instill in mind some moral lessons and values. (Bookmarks with Inspirational quotes). Bookmarks innovate without notice. From the roller disc vellum made bookmark, to a narrow silk ribbon with silver and tussle, to a plain silk narrow ribbon detachable from books, to a paper bookmarks, to corner bookmarks, to a beaded bookmarks.. and now comes a wired personalized bookmark with a hanging beaded ornament.
Bookmarks are very easy to make and very useful. One must learn only how to appreciate creative arts in order to come up with a unique yet very useful craft. And yes, crafting a bookmark is as easy as counting 1-10. But it is definitely an art. You can express your simple thoughts making it and can be very helpful on how you can make your reading so relaxing and uplifting. When eyes became tired and get teary, you will never enjoy reading books anymore. Just leave your bookmark behind, then come back. Get ready to grasp ideas without hassle of looking for the last part of your reading. Bookmarks saves the day.
Bookmarks can be gifts to friends, relatives and family who loves to read books. You can give it along with the book you desired to give. You can give your friend a diary and attached some personalized bookmark, or give grandma and grandpa a bible attached with a bookmark with your own design, or a recipe book for mom with personalized bookmark with hanging ornament for the upcoming mother's day. That way they will always be reminded of how important they are to you.
Materials NeededClick thumbnail to view full-size
List of Materials Needed
- pink glass beads
- fuchsia pink ribbon
- 6mm bead wire/ jewelry wire
- pliers (flat long nose/ round long nose)
- wire cutter
Tip#1: Using the right tools in making wire projects can really make all the difference. It makes you finish the project without sweat. And it helps you avoid accidents like pinning your fingers and scratching nails from wire works.
Tip#2: You can use 8mm-6mm wire for micro-beads. Select the best quality bead wire or jewelry wire. Look for wires that cannot be cut through fingers alone otherwise you would end up making nonsense project.
Do It Yourself
- A good quality bead wire is really good for this craft since it cannot be easily cut unless you use a wire cutter. Form the name you want to form using bead wire with the help of a flat long nose. Experts of this art projects uses two pliers at the same time to form any name and in order for them to easily lock both ends.
- You can select any type of color for the ribbon according to your own choice. It can be according to the personality of the person you would want to give that bookmark or a personal choice. Then, you lock it with a small bead wire on both ends. It is better to use two pliers at the same time in twisting the wire. And then you cut the excess part of the ribbon to hide the mess.
- Use a small chain for the wire and a ribbon to attach their ends. It will help add glamor on the project and it will look-like some professional has made it. First timer for this kind of craft should not worry if it doesn't looks flawless. Just enjoy and have fun making one. Creativity comes next.
- Cut 1 and 1/2 inch of wire and form a heart shape. Or you can make it smaller as long as design will not compromise. Just make sure to insert the glass beads before you lock the heart and make a small loop for the chain holder.
- You can make the ribbon longer. It all depends on the thickness and size of the book you will use for the bookmark.
Tip#3: A ribbon for bookmarks are still very elegant to use.
Short History of Bookmarks. It was in the early 15th century when bookmark exist using a narrow silk ribbon with silver knots and tussles. Queen Elizabeth first used that same kind of bookmark. But bookmarks already exist on the 13th century and it is made up of vellum like the rest of the materials used for the book cover.
Another Crafty Idea for Mothers Day
- A Special Card for Your MOM on Mothers Day
Why buy a card when you can make one very special card for your Mom on this coming Mother's Day. Its cute and simple..
Make A Unique Keychain
- How to Make Keychain in Less Than 3 Minutes
Simple steps to make a keychain for grandma, for moms, for our friends, officemate, and special someone.
Join Hubpages Today!
© 2013 agapsikap