Recycle a puzzle and make a pretty brooch
In order to make a nice brooch for Mother's Day (or at any time of the year), all you need is a piece of an incomplete puzzle and some silver, gold or pearly paint.
Find some glitter or beads or any decorations you can think of and you'll have a masterpiece in no time.
This is a great activity to do with children in daycare, school, summer camp, vacation Bible school, etc.
What you'll need
• a piece of an incomplete puzzle
• paint of your choice (opaque colours, gold, silver and iridescent)
• white glue
• sequins, beads, ribbon, artificial flowers, etc..
• brooch pin
• glue gun
1. Paint the piece of the puzzle in a colour of your choice. You probably need several coats of paint to cover the illustration.
Note : paints such as gold, silver or iridescent are transparent. To solve this problem, first paint with an opaque colour in the same colour range as the coat of metallic or pearl paint.
2. When the opaque paint is dry, paint a coat of gold, silver or iridescent paint matching your base colour.
3. Decorate the pin with your choice of ribbon, artificial flowers, sequins, beads, etc..
4. Glue a brooch pin at the back the puzzle piece with the glue gun.
Brooch pins for do-it-yourself jewelry are available in craft stores or on Amazon.
Here are a few brooches I made. But don't feel limited by these examples, you are creative!
Also have a look at my video on how to make a brooch.