- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How To Make Cool Model Airplanes
Why Make Model Airplanes Yourself?
This question makes sense - you can buy all kind of model airplanes from the Web of the local toy shops. Then why trying to reinvent the wheel and make them yourself?
The first answer is challenge. Everyone can buy ready models but only few can make really cool model airplanes themselves. If you want to be one of them, keep reading this guide.
The second true reason is excitement. It's fun, excitement and real joy to make such precise and often really flying models yourself.
Enough motivation, let's start some action:
How To Make Static Scale Models
The static scale models are maybe the hardest airplane models to make because they need to match exactly the real aircraft.
Here are few steps if you want to make good static scale models:
2. Obtain a scketch. This is one of the hardest parts. Sometimes the manufacturer will give you a scetchupon request, but most often you'll have to search online. Hint: check the communities and forums of airplane model fans
3. Choose material. Most static scale models are done from balsa wood or plastic.
4. Cut and build. Obviously the main work goes into creating the corpse, wings and the details.
5. Brush and paint. Some model fans don't paint their scale models but that is a half finished job. Pay special attention to painting and you'll have the greatest scale model ever.
Here is one cool static scale model
How To Build RC Airplanes Yourself
The Remote Control airplanes are easier to make because they don't need to be an exact scald version of real airctraft. There are two main challenges with them - the remote control electronics and the aerodynamics. Since the remote control and engine can be bought ready, this is not such a big deal. here are some hints:
1. Use tested plans. It's tempting to draw your own airplane but if you want it really to fly, better download RC aircraft plans online and work with them. Many of these plans are free of very cheap, so there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.
2. Consider working with a kit. Many model fans build their first RC airplane using a kit. This is an easy and exciting way to create a flying airplane quicky. The kits give you enough work to do, don't think they are too easy.
If you want anyway to create a model yourself, check this basic RC model design PDF guide.
Here is A Cool RC Airplane
How To Make Cool Paper Airplanes
Making paper airplanes is maybe the greatest simple artof model aviation. Paper airplanes can be very simple but also very advanced. Sometimes the modeling enthusiasts even make paper aircraft with remote control.
Here are the best tips which can help you making paper airplanes:
1. Carefully pick paper. The paper for your airplane musut be robust, smooth and light. Don't get too thin sheets because they are not robust enough. Don't try using cardboard, because it's too heavy.
2. Decide on the design. Most simple paper airplanes are made by the Origami art rules. This means you can get a sheet of paper and only fold. There are even some complex aircraft done this way, but usually the advanced models are joint of different pieces of paper
3. Download free plans. The web is full of free paper airplane plans. There are literally hundreds of them. Check the resource box below.
4. Balance around the center. The paper airplanes are less stable than the other flying models(made of plastic or wood). That's why you need to place special attention to the symmetry. Oneextra hint - as the tail is the most important piece, it needs to be robust and heavier. So, if needed, add a pin or a little nail in it and you'll have the entire airplane much more stable.