- Arts and Design»
My Favourite Colour, October - Autumn Basic Photography Ideas
October, where I live, is a time of year when the people start to realize those lazy, haze days of summer have come to an end. The mornings and nights become colder but the days are typically beautiful and warm. As the temperature changes, so do the colours of the leaves, which leaves the city looking beautifully colourful for everyone to enjoy!
There are endless ways to turn simple portraits into magnificent works of art! October or “Autumn Colours” provides a beautiful and colourful background for many different types of photography. You don’t need to be a professional photographer, you just need to be able to see the beauty of the background.
Here are some simple ideas to help you create lasting memories!
Autumn Photography - Places
Make a list of places you have been that are surrounded by trees. If you can’t think of anywhere or you would like some new ideas use Google to help you search for places in your area.
- Trails in the forest
- Shorelines of a lake or rivers
- Local gardens or farm open to the public
- A quiet street early on a Sunday morning after sunrise
- A castle or historic building
- An abandoned building or objects
- Train tracks
Autumn Photography - Props
What reminds you of Autumn?
- Park bench
- Wooden swing
- A fallen tree
- Bales of hay
- An old truck
- Corn, apples or other fruits and vegetables harvested in Autumn
Autumn Photography - Portraits
Allow your subjects to be themselves after all, the photos you are taking should reflect the person in the portrait. If they aren’t sure what they want, try a couple of these ideas:
- Staring off into the distance
- Lovingly looking into each other’s eyes
- Throwing leaves, a ball, their hat etc into the air