- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork»
- Paper Creations
Easy Easter Card Making Ideas with Matching Envelope Liner and Gift Tag - Step by Step Guide
This guide will talk you through each piece one at time, so if you only want to make the card then you can.
You will still be able to make the envelope liners even without a board punch, there's no fancy equipment needed at all. You just need a few basic craft materials and I will tell you what they are as we are going along.
You'll find a free Easter Bunny Template and I'll even tell you where to find the free printable backing paper that I used for this project. But of course, you don't have to use pink like I have, you can choose from many different papers or you can use what you already have at home if you want to.
Easter Card with Matching Envelope Liner and Gift Tag
You may need Adobe Reader to view some of these printables. If you don't already have it, then you can download it for free by clicking through the link and following instructions from there.
Where to find the Free Printable Dotty Paper
I am not associated with the site printableheaven in anyway but I came across it online recently and was particularly impressed to see such a good selection of free background papers, decoupage sheets, note cards and even motifs.
The site is relatively easy to use and you don't need to sign up or register before you can have access to any of the 150+ free printables.
I am not allowed to link directly to the pdf download but you can scroll down the page to find it. You might even find a different backing paper to what I have used, that you would like to use for this project.
So head over there and print off a sheet of Free Pink and white Dotty background paper and then come back. You may need to print off two sheets if you are planning on making both the Card and Envelope Liner.
Easter Bunny Template
Using The Template
The template is also free for personal use. No sign up required.
- Click on the link for the Happy Easter Bunny Template, and it will open up a pdf file which you can select print from there.
Handmade Happy Easter Card
What You Will Need:
- Blank White Card and Envelope
- Wavy Cutting Scissors
- Standard Scissors
- Glue Stick (Pritt Stick or similar, any brand should be fine to use)
- White A4 Thin Card that will go through your printer
Printer with ink for printing up your template and dotty paper
- Pink and White Dotty Paper (Can be downloaded for free)
- Template for the shapes (Also available for free)
How To Make The Easter Card:
(Ignore steps 1 and 2 if you have already printed off your pink dotty paper and the template).
- Print off a sheet of the Pink and White Dotty Paper
- Print up the Easter Bunny template onto your white card
- Using the template, cut out the rabbit and the egg
- Drawer around the cut out templates onto the reverse side of your dotty paper using your pencil. (Drawer the egg 3 times as you will need 3 for this card)
- Cut them out and place to one side
- Now cut out the 'Happy Easter' Motif leaving around 2mm of white space after the grey dotted lines
- Use your wavy scissors to cut out a rectangle from the dotty paper. You want it to end up about 8cm across and 2.5cm in height.
- Glue the 'Happy Easter' Motif onto the pink dotty wavy triangle
- Take your White Card and ensure that it is horizontal and opens up at the bottom
- Now you are ready to glue you shapes onto the card. You can experiment with how you would like the eggs to look. They can be all stuck together of place around separately depending on how you would prefer them
Matching Envelope Liner
How To Make The Matching Envelope Liner:
These envelope inserts are a great way to pretty up any envelope and they are surprisingly easy to make. You can follow the method below or alternatively you can watch the video for a demonstration.
What You Will Need:
- A pencil
- An envelope
- Standard pair of scissors
- And you may need another sheet of dotty pink paper
- Using a pencil, drawer around the top and up to roughly half way down the sides of your envelope on the reverse side of your dotty paper
- Cut it out
- Place it inside your envelope with your dotty paper on show
- Line it up with the envelope ensuring that you don't cover the sticky bit, and then fold the envelope to give you a crease in your dotty paper
- Glue the dotty paper to the envelope (glue above the crease line only) otherwise it will cause some difficulties when opening and closing the envelope
- Let it dry before inserting your card
How To Make Envelope Liners - No Fancy Equipment Needed!
Handmade Matching Gift Tag
How To Make The Gift Tag
What you will need:
- A hole puncher
- White Card
- Some of the left over dotty paper
- Around 20cm of White Ribbon
- Using the gift tag template, on one side glue on some off the dotty paper and leave to dry
- Once dried, cut around the dotty paper using the template that you have stuck onto the back.
- Line up the top of the tag and punch a hole in the centre of it
- Thread the ribbon through the hole
Have A Happy Easter!
Quiz Time! :-)
view quiz statistics