Preschool Craft: Make a Halloween Banner - Free Printable Templates
- Double-sided tape or glue dots
- orange and black construction paper
- a clothespin or clip of some sort
- fishing line or other clear thread
1. Cut a piece of orange construction paper down to 4 1/2 inches by 10 inches.
2. Fold acordian style lengthwise, creating half inch pleats.
3. Staple the center.
4. Spread the sides out to form a circle. Staple or glue the fanned pieces in place.
5. Cut 2 eyes, a nose, and a mouth from black construction paper and a stem from brown construction paper. Glue in place.
6. Make a paper chain using orange and black construction paper. The size of your chain will depend on the size of the window or arch that you will be covering.
7. Hang your paper chain in it’s final spot over the window or arch.
8. Using double-sided tape or glue dots, adhere the pumpkin to the center of the paper chain.
9. Use the template labeled bat-template.pdf (located here) to trace and cut out two bats from black construction paper.
10. Punch a small hole at the top of the bats’ heads and thread through a 12″ length of fishing line (or clear beading thread).
11. Thread the fishing line through a length of the paper chain approximately halfway between the pumpkin and the high point of your paper chain on the left. Knot the thread so that the bat hangs as in the photograph above. Repeat on the right.