Preschool Craft: Sunflowers - Free printable template
Here is a great craft to make with little ones--a pretty sunflower! This is a great way to start introducing 3-dimensional crafts to the younger set. I would recommend using a washable paint such as Crayola Washable Kid's Paint. We actually used acrylic paint (and got lucky because nothing was ruined in the process), but I truly truly don't recommend it.
- Yellow construction paper
- Green construction paper
- Dried lentils
- Brown or black paint
- Elmer's glue
1. Print out the template (labeled sunflowertemplate1.pdf) here: http://www.funfamilytips.com/?cat=738
2. Using yellow construction paper, cut 3 flowers.
3. Using the green construction paper, cut 1 stem and 2 leaves.
4. Stack and glue the yellow flowers together, angling each one just enough to fill any gaps in the "circle" you are now creating.
5. Glue the leaves and stem in place as shown in the photograph.
6. Use the glue to create a circle in the center of the sunflower and pour a handful of lentils on top. Allow to dry overnight.
7. Carefully paint the lentils. Allow to dry thoroughly before touching or hanging.