Pullip Little Black Dress (Free Crochet Pattern)
Having recently bought Doris Chan's new book, Convertible Crochet: Customizable Designs for Stylish Garments, I wanted to make a skirt I found there, but the yarn I have does not drape well enough for a skirt. Since I already bought the elastic string to be used for that skirt, I wanted to incorporate it into doll clothes and came up with this Pullip Little Black Dress (LBD).
This hub is a free crochet pattern for a Pullip Little Black Dress. It is made for a Type 4 Pullip body. For more information on Pullip body types, please visit Facts About Pullip Dolls. It can easily be adjusted to fit any other doll like Barbie or Monster High Dolls.
Materials and Gauge
- Elastic String (any color)
- Size No. 10 Crochet Cotton Thread (Black)
- Size D Hook (3.25 mm)
- Size No. 3 Steel Hook
- Gauge for the larger hook is not important
- Gauge for the smaller hook is the same as Pullip Beach Hat
Note: I was able to find the elastic string in the local bookstore here in the Philippines, but I think you should easily be able to find them in any craft stores While you might prefer to use a black elastic string, I had already bought orange elastic strings to make the skirt mentioned above. Here is a photo of the string:
Part 1: Forming the Waistband Using the Elastic String
Starting at the waistband of the skirt:
- Using the D hook, form a slipknot with the elastic string and cotton thread.
- Ch 14 (or the number of chains necessary so the ring will fit at the doll's waist).
- Drop the elastic string and switch to the steel hook. You can fasten off the elastic string at this point, leaving a long enough tail to weave in later.
- With the cotton thread, sl st in the first ch to form a ring, ch 2 (does not count as dc from here throughout), work 3 dc in each ch around, join with a sl st in the first dc. (42)
Part 2: Body of the Skirt
Pattern: Ch 2, dc in each dc around, join. (42)
Repeat the pattern until you reach the desired length for the skirt. Fasten off.
Part 3: Halter Top
Row 1: Attach with sl st in the first ch of the waistband, ch 1, work 2 sc in each ch across, do not join, turn. (28)
Row 2: Ch 1, sc2tog, sc in each sc across until the last 2 sc, sc2tog, turn. (26)
Row 3: Ch 1, sc in each sc across, turn. (26)
Row 4-15: Repeat Rows 2 & 3. (14)
For Row 15: Do not turn. Ch 30 to make the first tie, fasten off.
Ch 30 and attach with sl st to the opposite side of top to make the second tie. Do not fasten off.
Row 1: Ch 2, working in front loops only, dc in each sc across of Row 15, turn. (14)
Row 2: Ch 2, (dc in the next dc, 2 dc in the next dc) across, fasten off. (21)
Fold down the ruffle as shown in the photo below and weave in all ends.