- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Ribbon Flower Ornament
Wire Ribbon Floral Ornaments
Fun and easy to make. This wired ribbon flower is very versatile, only limited by your imagination!. For Poinsettias, use red ribbon and point the ends, floral ribbon for flowers, white ribbon for snowflakes, etc. The wire in the ribbon makes it easy to form and hold any shaped petal you desire.
1 yard sheer wire edged ribbon
24 faceted beads
Needle and thread
1. Fold ribbon in an accordion fold, back and forth, every 4". Leave approximately a 3" thread at beginning to tie off when finished.
2. Use needle and thread to sew folds together placing a bead in between each fold as you go.
3. Sew along edge of folds to be sure it fans properly making a flower. Leave 3" at end for tying.
4. Pull thread to gather flower and tie off with ends of thread. Cut off excess thread.
5. Turn flower over and repeat steps 2 through 4. You will have bead centers on both sides of flower. Adjust the petals to your desired shape depending on style of flower or snowflake you want.