- Arts and Design»
Made with a Cricut-Scrapbook Cover Idea
Making a scrapbook for the family, a baby, or a vacation is a enjoyable project to do. Not only do you catalog your photos in a beautiful way, but you create a memory for your family or child to have forever.
I have been working, as many of my followers know, on a scrapbook for my daughter, to chronicle her growing years. It is a long but fulfilling process and one made easier using my amazing Cricut Personal Cutting Machine.
Ideas for Scrapbook layouts and the making homemade cards both come easy with just a few of the Cricut cartridges and some of the beautiful cardstock available where in scrapbooking supplies stores and department stores. Add a few embellishments when finished and your project becomes a keepsake.
The Scrapbook Cover
I finally finished the scrapbook depicting four years of my daughter's life and I wanted to share the special scrapbook cover page I created with the Cricut Machine and cardstock.
I purchased a cardstock pack, a collection of about 40 pages of beautiful heavyweight cardstock with some of the cardstock being "foiled" which definitely adds to the look.
I decided to put a simple sentiment of her name and the dates the scrapbook includes along with a couple of special little frogs, her favorite little animal.
Cricut Cartridge: Don Juan
Cricut Cartridge: Sweethearts
Blade Depth: #2
Step by Step
Using the Don Juan Cartridge:
1. I cut out her name in the 3" size using the Shadow key and keyboard keys for each letter. It looks odd on the Cricut Machine's readout, as if the letter are small and large randomly but the finished cut works. This was cut in White.
2. I cut out her name in the 3" size using the keyboard keys only. This was done in a heavy weight pink cardstock.
3. I adhered the pink to the top of the white cardstock.
Using the Sweethearts cartridge:
4. I cut out 2 <FrogPrnc>, pg 42, size 3" and size 4" using the Shadow and Keyboard key. This gave me the white bottom layer.
4. I cut out 2 <FrogPrnc>, pg 42, size 3" and size 4" using the Layers and Keyboard key. This gave me the green top layer.
Adhere the green top layer to the bottom white layer of the frogs and their crowns. Position them on a coordinating piece of heavyweight cardstock and adhere to it.
5. My finished album has many pages created with my Cricut Machine. Now on to the next 12 years of memorable photos.
The Cricut Create machine is a basic, beginner personal cutting machine. The purchase price includes not only this amazing machine but also the Don Juan font cartridge, giving you access to create and print your own sentiments.