- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork»
- Jewelry Making
Step by Step Wire Jewelry Magazine 2012
For people who want to make jewelry craft shows, craft fairs or even online, it's essential to keep on top of trends, new products and expose yourself to new ideas. What's the market doing? Who is doing it?
The ever-popular Step by Step Wire Jewelry magazine is a perfect fit for those who want to keep on top of things as there are only 6 editions produced each year - so you won't be overwhelmed with projects you don't have time for. With a full two months between editions, you've got time to look through, choose what you want to make, order the materials and find the time to make something new!
Buying Step by Step Wire Jewelry Magazine
If you don't want to miss out, you can simply subscribe to the magazine - or, you might prefer to buy individual copies, either new or second hand, online.
Step by Step Jewelry Magazine is available either in a printed version, or a digital copy - great for your portable devices and buying just what you need if you find yourself in a bead shop or at a bead fair.
Amazon as well as Ebay are my favourite sources for past copies of jewelry magazines at good prices, although the publishers do hold stocks of back copies you can buy or download.
Or, You can Subscribe Through Amazon
The Best of Step by Step Jewelry Magazine
For the 2012 roundup, see this great edition: The Best of Step by Step Jewelry Magazine 2012.
- Latest Greatest projects from the past year
- 40 favorite designs with easy to follow photos and instructions
- The largest collection of wire bracelets, necklaces and earrings
- learn the secrets to using social media to sell your jewelry
- Fast 5 Minute Projects - simple techniques to sell your jewelry in a flash
- Blossoming Lotus wire project (cover photo)
Step by Step Jewelry Magazine Vol8No1. February / March 2012
Get your beads, wires, findings and pliers ready for another fun-packed year of wire jewelry techniques. the Feburary and March 2012 Edition of SbSJM continues to provide on-trend features and projects for you to try, including making a wire cage, wire knots, a making a cuff and some great new earring designs:
- Showcase your Favorite Treasures in an easy to make wire cage
- Discover a whole new way to show off your special beads
- Embellish classic hoops with simple wire knots
- Learn 5 new earring designs
- Instructions for Creating a stunning geometric cuff.
Step by Step Jewelry Magazine Vol8No2. April / May 2012
This particular edition pushed the boundaries and brings to you exciting new ideas and techniques - not just extensions of old ideas. There's a great showcase of artisan produced work, showing you what's possible and perhaps giving you a new direction to look into:
- Create a Honeycomb Bracelet (cover photo)
- 250 One of a Kind Beads
- Discover a Brand New Wire Technique
- Special Artisan Showcase
- Learn how to combine unexpected Colors in your designs
- Learn how to turn wire and loops into a delicate leaf necklace
Step by Step Jewelry Magazine Vol8No3. June / July 2012
Metalcraft features heavily in this edition of SbSJM, with great projects to learn with texturing, stamping and riveting - as well as learning how to master free-form wire skills to create individual and unique pieces to your own designs. This popular jewelry magazine has full colour photographs throughout - so you can see clearly how to make everything for yourself.
- Learn to texture, stamp and rivet on a copper cuff
- Master free-form wire skills
- Make a summery pearl daisy necklace (cover photo)
- Affordable bronze - fall in love with this metal
- Love crystals? Pile them on these easy wire earrings
- Turn a toggle clasp into a fabulous wire ring
Step by Step Jewelry Magazine Vol8No4. August / September 2012
More jewelry projects to explore, for the frugal, who can turn a tin can into a pendant, through to learning metalsmithing, which can lead to an obsession with expensive tools :)
- Turn a tin can into a whimsical pendant
- Make an exotic necklace to wear 3 ways (cover photo)
- Learn Beginner Metalsmithing
- Create an evocative pendant from a single piece of wire
- Use summertime colors to inspire your designs
Step by Step Jewelry Magazine Vol8No5. Oct/Nov 2012
The October November 2012 issue of SbSJM is the Annual Crystal Issue Contents, with tons of exciting new projects and jewelry to make using crystals in your designs.
You'll discover a whole new world of creativity to try out with step by step instructions on everything - and full colour photos to boot!
- Annual Crystal Issue
- 25 pages of exclusive wire and crystal jewelry designs
- Make an adjustable crystal cuff
- How to customize your findings with flatbacks
- Make beautiful earrings with specialty shapes
- Drape your wrist in shimmering links - Crystal Waves bracelet project (cover photo)
- Make a 5 Minute Necklace from Artisan Head Pins (cover photo)
- Weave sterling frames for crystal briolettes
Wire Jewelry Magazine Back Issues 2011
- Step by Step Wire Jewelry Magazine 2011
Check out the back issues of Step by Sste Wire Jewelry Magazine 2011
Overall, this is one of the best jewelry magazine's available for breadth of coverage and number of step by step free jewelry tutorials wth full color photographs available.
The staff on the magazine go to great lengths to keep on top of all the current trends, meaning you're not left behind wondering what happened to your customers - as they're off buying other products you could have made if you'd known about them.
An easy to read, easy to follow, high glossy magazine that's well worth a look.
With just six editions per year, you're treated to top quality pages and not hurriedly re-hashed old news!