Steps of making Macrame Beaded Bracelet for Beginners
To learn on how to make bracelet is easy. When I was thinking how I could make a bracelet I tried to figure out how to start making it. In my previous hub I have already shared how and what I did figuring out to start making it. Right now, I would like to give ideas how to make a simple square knot beaded macrome bracelet.
- Cording varies depending on your choice like leather, jute, cotton, wax thread, and twig.
- Choose Beads that has big holes to accommodate the cord size.
- Use clipboard or scotch tape for easy and fast knotting.
- Provide Scissors
- I have been using E-6000 transparent water resistant glue, or you can use any super glue.
- Nail polish to polish the tip of cord when inserting the beads.
- Decorative shank button
- Cut one length of cord approximately 24 inches. Fold in half and secure looped side under clip on clipboard. Secure the two free ends with the binder clip on lower edge of clipboard.
- Cut second length of cord approximately 60 inches long and center under the two cords on your clipboard.
- Make square knots for 1¼ to 1½ inches. (See below on how to make square knot.)
Note: Make sure your button can pass through the loop at the top before you continue.
- Place one bead on left side and bring to top. Repeat on other side
- Square knot under the beads either once or twice (depending on desired look).
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for desired length (approximately 4 inches for a 7-inch bracelet).
- Square knot another 1¼ to 1½ inch.
- Release the two cords secured with the binder clip and slip both through the shank button. Position button under last square knot.
- Make two square knots under button to secure.
- Take two left cords and tie together tightly. Repeat with two right cords.
- Put a drop of super glue on ends; let dry
- Once glue is dry, clip ends close to knots.
- Fasten and wear your new bracelet.
How to Make a Square Knot:
- Begin with center cord(s) straight up and down (fasten to secure).
- Take second cord and place under the center cord, horizontally and centered.
- Position the left side over the center cords, leaving an open area.
- Take the right side and place over the left cord, then under the center cord(s) and up through the loop that was formed in step 3.
- Pull gently on the two ends and tighten. This forms the first half of the square knot.
- Position the right side over the center cord(s), leaving an open area.
- Take the left side and place over the right cord, then under the center cord(s) and up through the loop that was formed in step 6.
- Pull gently on the two ends and tighten. This forms your completed square knot.
Please leave your comment. It is highly appreciated. Thank you.
©Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved by Dashingme