Teach Yourself Corel Draw - The Most Popular Graphic Design Application – Part 4
In the previous part you have learnt some interesting features of Bezier tool and shape tool. You have learnt how to convert a line into curve, how to close a curve automatically, how to make a duplicate copy of the object and how to rotate an object.
In this part you will learn how to create an interesting drawing using the above techniques.
Drawing a flower using Bezier and shape tool
- Launch the application with the New Graphic selection
- Create a petal (If you have not read the previous parts please go through that first)
- Select it with the pick tool
- Press ctrl + D several times to make a few copy of this petal
- Rotate and position these petals to give it a shape of flower.
- Select all the objects which have formed the flower
- On the property bar, click on the group icon
- You can also press ctrl + G to have the group action
- Create a line downwards from the centre of the flower and group it with the flower
- Convert this line into curve and give necessary shape so that it appears as the stem of the flower
This is our first meaningful sketch. Save this project in your PC. Next time when you will learn some coloring technique, you will again open this drawing and change it into a colorful drawing.
Now we have to take a break to digest what we have learnt today. We will come soon and continue our journey towards this wonderful world of graphic design. Till then relax.