The Best DIY Projects To Consider
The do-it-yourself (DIY) culture has seen a great resurgence in recent years, as more peoples are seeking activities that are both creative, recreational and cost-saving. The Internet and other resources largely fueled the attitudes of DIY. Various blogs and social networking sites allowed people to showcase their creative side to millions of people around the world. DIY can cover a wide range of skills and projects such as skincare, home décor, clothing/sewing, furniture/construction, accessories/ jewelry, recycled products etc. Some of the best DIY projects are those that take on used or old items and make it into something new and creative. Such as taking your home's ceiling fan and designing it into a Warbird ceiling fan or taking an old bookshelf and refurbishing it into a dresser. There is know limit to DIY. Here we compiled a list of the most popular and easy DIY projects for all categories.
Best DIY Home Decor:
DIY Lamp Shade
- balloon or beach ball (depending on the of size you want)
- lace fabric
- Blow up the balloon/ball and hang it on a string.
- Paint over the lace fabric with glue until it is fully covered/soaked.
- Cover the balloon/ball with the soaked lace fabric.
- Let it hang dry. (approx. 1 day)
- Once it dries, pop the balloon/ball and attach it to a hanging light bulb.
Best DIY Shoes:
DIY Glitter Pump
- Plain Pump
- Paint brush
- Mod Podge Glue
- Masking Tape
- Cover the sole and inside of your pumps with masking tape to prevent glue and glitter from getting on it.
- Mix 1/4 of mod podge with as much of glitter as appropriate.
- Paint the mixture on to your pump.
- Set it aside to dry.
- After the glitter have dried on the pumps, paint another load mod podge to seal in the glitter completely.
- Set aside to dry, then enjoy.
Best DIY For Accessories:
DIY Accessories Display
- picture frame
- burlap cloth
- cardboard or styrofoam
- hangers: clothes pin, beads, buttons
- Glue the burlap onto the cardboard.
- Pin, glue or sow on your choice of hangers onto the burlap cardboard. This is where you hang your accessories/jewelries.
- Placed your finish burlap cardboard hangers in the frame.
- Starting hanging your accessories/jewelries.
Best DIY Green Projects:
DIY Plant Light Bulb Pot
- Used/burned-out light bulb
- Old/used copper wire
- With a pliers try to remove as much of the light fixture from the light bulb as possible.
- Place and arrange the soil, seeds or plant into the light bulb.
- With a pliers wrap the copper wire around the light bulb stem.
Best DIY Skincare:
DIY Facial Mask
- 1/4 cup of mixed berries
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Blend the plain yogurt, honey, mixed berries and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Apply mixture onto your dry face.
- Let the mask sit for 10-15 mins.
- Rinse mask off and pat dry.
Best DIY Clothing:
DIY Lace Denim Shorts
- old shorts
- lace fabric
- fabric glue
- Measure out the lace fabric to shorts cutoff.
- Turn shorts inside out.
- Place glue along the bottom on the short cutoff.
- Place the lace fabric onto the glue.
- Set aside to dry.
Best DIY Jewelry:
DIY Tassel Earrings
- 2 Upholstery tassels
- 2 Earring hooks
- Color bottom half of upholstery tassels with Sharpie.
- Using pliers attach the earring hooks onto the top of the tassels.
- Start wearing them!
Best DIY Furniture:
DIY Vintage Ottoman
- 1 Old drawer
- Cushion pad
- 4 Stands
- Wood glue
- Measure out size of your drawer to fit the size of the cushion pad.
- Glue cushion pad onto the drawer's opening.
- Attached the 4 stands on each corner of the bottom drawers.