- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
The Best Natural Homemade Dish Soap Recipe - Easy Recipe
DIY Dish Soap
A while ago I was looking through some homemade dish soap recipes and I discovered one similar to this one and decided to change a few things to make it work better. The one I discovered was very liquidity and barely had any bubbles at all, and I had to use so much of the soap on the sponge. I have provided two different ways here to make my newly improved dish soap recipe.
I added extra borax and bar soap to the mix. Also, I have given an option to substitute the bar soap for Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds to make it have more bubbles. Another option is to add some vinegar. I personally do not like to use those ingredients. The reason I do not use Dr. Bronner's is because even though I trust Dr. Bronner's more than most companies; I have trust issues with many store bought products and want to make sure my stuff truly 100% natural. Dr. Bronner's probably is 100% natural, but like I said I have trust issues lol. I put it here as an option, because I figure most people aren't as paranoid as I can be with some things :P. I also do not use much vinegar because I don't like the smell of it.
This dish soap recipe is:
- Great for hard or soft water
- Easy to make
- Great for hot or cold water
- Optional no wait time
Best Natural Homemade Dish Soap Recipe
Things You'll Need
- Mixing Bowl
- Old Dish Soap Container or Store Bought Soap Dispenser
- Natural Bar Soap like Dr. Bronner's, Ivory, etc. if not using Sal Suds
- Distilled Water
- Lemon or Lemon Juice
- OPTIONAL Dr. Bronner's Sal Sudz, Essential Oil, White Vinegar
- 2 1/4 cups (3/4 cup if using Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds & Vinegar) Boiling Distilled Water (Don't boil if using Sal Suds), Use distilled water because some tap water may cause the ingredients not to mix well
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Borax, This is a cleaning product for many homemade recipes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Natural Bar Soap like Ivory, Dr. Bronner's etc., Grate the bar soap so it will melt easily. Do not add this ingredient if using Sal Suds
- 1 Tsp Organic Lemon Juice, This is a great cleaner and a great scent!
- Optional 3/4 cup Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds, If added this will give you more soap bubbles;it's also an all-natural all-purpose household cleaner
- Optional 3/4 cup White Vinegar, Vinegar is a very powerful all-natural cleaner
- Optional 20-25 drops Essential Oil like Lavender, lemon, orange etc., Adding essential oil is good for aromatherapy & if you want to change the scent
- Pour 2 1/4 cups of distilled water (3/4 cup if using vinegar & Sal Suds in your mix) into a pan and put it on the stove to start heating up to a boil. Make sure to keep an eye on it because it might be boiling already before you prepare the next few ingredients. Do not boil water if using Sal Suds in recipe.
- Grate 1 1/2 tbsp. of your favorite all-natural bar soap and put it into the mixing bowl. Skip this step if using Sal Suds
- Measure 1 1/2 tbsp. of Borax and put it into the mixing bowl with the grated bar soap.
- Pour the boiling water into the mixing bowl together with the Borax and grated bar soap and stir using a whisk until it's mixed very well and is liquidity.
- Measure and pour in the 1 tsp of lemon juice, the optional 3/4 cup of Dr. Bronner's, the optional 20-25 drops of essential oil and the optional 3/4 vinegar if you are using them and mix them all very well into the dish soap mix.
- Let the mix cool down for 6-8 hours; during this time mix it occasionally so that it doesn't start to lump.
- Pour the mix into your empty dish soap container. Shake it before every use to make sure you always have a good mix. Now, you're done and don't have to worry about harsh chemicals anymore. You now have your own homemade dish soap!
Sal Suds Version Should Have More Bubbles
The Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds version should have more bubbles than the above photo. I'm sorry I do not have any photos for the recipe using Sal Suds.
Favorite Aromatherapy Essential Oil Poll
What is your favorite essential oil for aromatherapy in dish soap?
Get Organic Lemon Essential Oil Here
Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds
Here is a brief explanation of what Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds is and what Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds uses are:
It's not soap but it's a very concentrated all-purpose hard surface cleaner. It's made with natural fir needle, plant-based surfactants, and spruce essential oils and without any synthetic fragrances, preservative or dyes. It's great for household cleaning like dishes, floors, laundry and more! It cleans with a lot of power, yet it's gentile on the skin. Good for hard or soft water and hot or cold water. It's also 100% cruelty-free!
Do You Know Of Any Other Homemade Household Cleaner Recipes?
Please comment below
- How To Make The Best Homemade Laundry Detergent Easy...
Here's how to make the best homemade laundry detergent easily without toxic chemicals and it can save you a lot of money on laundry detergent.This homemade laundry soap or detergent is quick & easy
- How To Make 100% Natural Homemade Body Wash, Shampoo...
Here is how you save money & make your own All-In-One 100% natural homemade body wash, face wash, sulfate free shampoo & conditioner.This is how to make soap that works for your body, face and hair!
- DIY How To Make The Best Homemade Toothpaste That is...
DIY Projects. Here you can see how to make the best fluoride-free all natural organic coconut oil toothpaste. This is the best whitening toothpaste and has all the benefits of coconut oil. DIY recipe
- DIY How To Make The Best Homemade Mouthwash That is ...
What is the best mouthwash?Your own DIY homemade mouthwash is the best mouthwash. It's very quick and easy to make, and it will save you a lot of money! This recipe is natural & fluoride-free!
- Nutiva Coconut Oil Review & List of Coconut Oil Uses
Here I have reviewed Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and have explained some of the many uses of this coconut oil & the benefits of coconut oil like coconut oil for hair & coconut oil for skin
- How To Make the Best Homemade Aluminum Free Deodoran...
This is how to make the best natural deodorant without aluminum. It's the best deodorant for men & the best deodorant for women. This coconut oil deodorant is one of the best DIY projects that is easy