Towel origami folding-a cool, fancy way to fold towels & washcloths for guests!
Easy as 1, 2, 3...
Skill level easy *
- Creative and fancy
- Makes someone feel special
Just a few simple supplies are needed
1 hand towel
Variety of mini soaps or other personal touches (optional), but I highly suggest personalizing them when possible. Even with simple soaps and flowers the wow factor is there!
Easy pocket towel
A Balinese paper or towel flower
- Towel origami-making a Balinese flower from a dinner...
This easy way to fold a towel can make things just a bit more special. These are great to do with napkins. Make your next dinner party extra fancy!
In case you missed the video -here is how to fold fancy towels for your guests
- Take your hand towel and lay it out flat, tag side down.
- Fold one side about 3-4 inches up (this creates the pocket)
- Take the towel and put the fold side down
- Begin folding inward in rolls about 3-4 inches per roll, from left to right, or whichever way is easier for you.
- Tuck in the loose end, sometimes you cannot tuck if you fold it to often, which is not a problem.
- Flip it on the opposite side and drape over the side of the tub or over a towel bar
- Add a fanned washcloth to the pocket, or other decorative items
Fan the washcloth
- Lay the washcloth out flat, tag side down
- Start on one end and fold about an inch in on one side
- Alternate this same 1 inch fold between both sides, in an acordian pattern
- When finished, pinch one end and tuck that end into your pocket
- Fan the top
Fancy towel fold
If you decide to fill the pocket with items instead of a washcloth, just neatly lay the fanned wash cloth near the towel pocket.
There are a lot of nice things you can put in the pocket tailored to your guests personality. You can add special soaps, (travel sizes work great). Bubble bath liquid, artificial flowers, loofahs, foot care products, lotions, special notes, poems or cards. If you create a lovely bath for a significant other, you can even put in their favorite kind of tea and once in the tub, make it for them.
A little touch goes a long way
I absolutely love making towel origami, and paper origami too. When we've visited hotels, those fancy folded towels really add a special memorable touch, now you can quickly and easily do this in your home! Have fun and get creative, your guests will love this little special treat when showering or bathing.
You can apply this same fold to almost any type of fabric, including bed linens and blankets. Those can always be filled with thoughtful, comforting night items, candles, incense (unlit of course), toys, stuffed animals, night lights, books, or even hand written prayers or bible quotes. Whatever you desire! And the fold is so simple anyone can do it, even on a short notice arrival of visitors,
Paper Origami is cool too!
Try not to cry when you watch this!
DIY is fun!
- How to sew your own beautiful and unique wedding vei...
You don't have to spend much to make your very own beautiful wedding veil for your special day...
- How To Make Your Own Wedding Flowers
Making beautiful wedding flowers is not a difficult task and it will save you a lot of money. With a little time and patience, you can have the arrangements you always dreamed of!
- Quick raised vegetable gardens for small spaces!
It's easy to create a quick raised vegetable garden in a small space, don't think you have room? Think again! Buckets, planters, Topsy Turvys are all great options!
- DIY Picnic Table cheap and easy in less than 24 hour...
Build a nice picnic table for your yard in less than 24 hours for under $150 USD
- DIY How to change a 3 prong electrical outlet!
A very easy way to change the electrical outlets in your home. Also, you can be very helpful for friends and family once you learn this simple task!