Turning Seashells into Butterflies
The other day I was taking a walk along the beach before my morning surf session. There were thousands of little seashells open along the sand, most of which were still connected. I collected up a handful and, after my dip in the ocean, I took them back home. It wasn't exactly clear to me what I was going to do with them but I wanted to create something with them. That's when I had the idea: the shells looked similar to butterfly wings. And so I crafted it. Here are the steps of how you make this. Very simple.
1. Get a shell, preferably still connected.
2. Get strong glue and wire. Bailing wire works well.
3. Cut a piece of wire that's about three times the length of the shell
4. Fold it in half.
5. Using pliers, press the center together.
6. Clamp the end of the wire with the pliers and twist with your fingers.
7. Using the pliers, bend the two ends of the wires slightly creating "antennae".
8. Place wire in desired position on the shell and add a drop of glue.
9. Allow to dry.
That's all there is to it. It's very simple but it's fun so I just had to share.