Best Quotes for Women - Friends, Mothers, and Grandmothers
Great Quotations For, About, and By Women
Here are some great quotes about women and for women. Some are by famous women, some are fun or beautiful, some are sweet and inspirational, and some are funny.
Quotations are great for scrapbooking, in greeting or birthday cards, as notes for girlfriends, or for any occasion! Quotations add that special something to an otherwise plain gift, card, text, or craft.
A great quote can also be posted on the wall for inspiration or a laugh. Great friendship quotes add a personal touch to a letter or e-mail. Quotations about women can also be shared at women's retreats or conferences in speeches! Many of these quotes are also perfect to tweet on Twitter or share with other ladies on Facebook!
Whatever your interest in beautiful womanly words, you are sure to find many choices here.
"And life is what we make it. Always has been. Always will be."
- Grandma Moses
Photo by sanja gjenero, SXC.hu/
Women speak two languages -
one of which is verbal.— William Shakespeare
Inspirational Quotes by Famous Women - Or Famous Quotes by Inspirational Women!
- You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated. ~ Maya Angelou
- Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one ~ Mother Teresa
- Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. ~ Oprah
- One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar. ~ Helen Keller
You gain strength, experiences
and confidence by every
experience where you really
stop to look fear in the face...
You must do the thing you cannot do."— Eleanor Roosevelt
For what reason are you reading quotes today?
Beauty... when you look into a woman's eyes and see what is in her heart.— Nate Dircks
Thoughtful and Sweet Words for and about Women
Kind Words for and about Women
- Women are always beautiful. ~ Ville Valo
- A woman should soften but not weaken a man. ~ Sigmund Freud
- Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~ Kahlil Gibran
- I would rather trust a woman's instinct than a man's reason. ~ Stanley Baldwin
- Let us leave the beautiful women to men with no imagination. ~ Marcel Proust, Albertine disparue, 1925
- There are three things men can do with women: love them, suffer for them, or turn them into literature. ~ Stephen Stills
- The most beautiful view is the one I share with you. ~ Author Unknown
- Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you? ~ Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.— Dave Barry
Humorous Words for Women - Funny Quotes
- Women like silent men. They think they're listening. ~ Marcel Achard, Quote, 4 November 1956
- A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon. ~ Arnold Haultain
- Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ~ Charlotte Whitton
- Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women. ~ Nicole Hollander
- Ever noticed how all women's problems begin with men? MENtal illness....MENstrual cramps... MENtal breakdown... MENopause... GUYnocologist! ~ Unknown
- I have an idea that the phrase "weaker sex" was coined by some woman to disarm some man she was preparing to overwhelm. ~ Ogden Nash
Women really do rule the world. They just haven't figured it out yet. When they do, and they will, we're all in big big trouble.— Doctor Leon