- Arts and Design
Best Quotes for Women - Friends, Mothers, and Grandmothers
Great Quotations For, About, and By Women
Quotations are great for scrapbooking, in greeting or birthday cards, as notes for girlfriends, or for any occasion. The right wording can add that special something to an otherwise plain gift, text, or craft.
A good quote can also be posted on the wall for inspiration or a laugh. Great friendship quotes add a personal touch to a letter or e-mail.
Many of these sayings are also perfect to tweet on Twitter. Or maybe you are looking for strong things for your Women's March signs?
Whatever your interest in beautiful womanly words, you are sure to find many choices here.
"And life is what we make it. Always has been. Always will be." - Grandma Moses
Photo by sanja gjenero, SXC.hu/
Women speak two languages -
one of which is verbal.— William Shakespeare
Inspirational Quotes by Famous Inspirational Women!
- You may encounter defeats, but you must not be defeated. ~ Maya Angelou
- Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you can't feed a hundred people, then feed just one ~ Mother Teresa
- Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
- Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, just harness your power to your passion. ~ Oprah
- One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar. ~ Helen Keller
From Maya Angelou
"I somehow got the feeling early on that if human beings did a thing, I could study it and try to do some of it too. And one thing led to another. If I had not studied Latin in school, I wouldn’t have found it as easy to comprehend the structure of language. Had I not danced, I might never have really listened to music and known I could compose something.
You see? I understood early that not everything I did was going to be a masterpiece, but I would try to do it the best I knew how. I’ve listened to an inner voice and had enough courage to try unknown things. And I think everything in its time."
You gain strength, experiences
and confidence by every
experience where you really
stop to look fear in the face...
You must do the thing you cannot do."— Eleanor Roosevelt
For what reason are you reading quotes today?
Beauty... when you look into a woman's eyes and see what is in her heart.— Nate Dircks
Thoughtful and Sweet Words for and about Women
Kind Words for and about Women
- Women are always beautiful. ~ Ville Valo
- A woman should soften but not weaken a man. ~ Sigmund Freud
- Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. ~ Kahlil Gibran
- I would rather trust a woman's instinct than a man's reason. ~ Stanley Baldwin
- Let us leave the beautiful women to men with no imagination. ~ Marcel Proust, Albertine disparue, 1925
- There are three things men can do with women: love them, suffer for them, or turn them into literature. ~ Stephen Stills
- The most beautiful view is the one I share with you. ~ Author Unknown
- Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you? ~ Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.— Dave Barry
- Women like silent men. They think they're listening. ~ Marcel Achard, Quote, 4 November 1956
- A woman can say more in a sigh than a man can say in a sermon. ~ Arnold Haultain
- Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult. ~ Charlotte Whitton
- Can you imagine a world without men? No crime and lots of happy fat women. ~ Nicole Hollander
- Ever noticed how all women's problems begin with men? MENtal illness....MENstrual cramps... MENtal breakdown... MENopause... GUYnocologist! ~ Unknown
- I have an idea that the phrase "weaker sex" was coined by some woman to disarm some man she was preparing to overwhelm. ~ Ogden Nash
Women really do rule the world. They just haven't figured it out yet. When they do, and they will, we're all in big big trouble.— Doctor Leon
On Feminism and Strength
These words might be good for Women's March signs:
"We need to encourage girls that their voice matters." – Malala Yousafzai
"Feminism is not a stick with which to beat other women." – Emma Watson
"There is no limit to what we, as women, can accomplish." – Michelle Obama
"Feminism is the radical notion that women are people." – Marie Shea
"A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman." – Melinda Gates
© 2008 JJNW