About the Color Red
When you think of color, red is often what springs to mind. Red can represent power and love, but it can also mean forbidden and blood. Red can attract or repel or elevate or enrage.
Red is one of the oldest color names, it is the first to be seen in a rainbow and has the greatest emotional impact of all.
Red's positive connotations include: love - ( red roses and red hearts), luck - passion ( red-blooded)sexiness - ( red lipstick, red sports cars) festivity - (Christmas, Santa' Claus).
However Red also have negative connotations like war, revolution and anarchy ( red flag), danger (traffic lights, stop signs and fire)
The Red Character
The Red Character is full of the spirit of physical life, the will to live.
Red personalities are filled with adrenaline, determination, fire and drive. Possessed of tireless energy, they embody courage, liberation, tenacity, passion and excitement.
The red character has a burning desire to get somewhere, but tends to act without thinking -- it will get its own way, come what may. Quickening and exciting, yet practical. They make a decision and gets on with it - no hanging about it acceptable.
Red people are at best fine leaders of men, reformers and fighters, builders of great things from very little.
They are explorers and pioneers with the energy of the life-force at their command.
RED is the color of energy.
When you wear red you will feel confident and in control. The red family has many variations from raspberry to tomato, so getting the undertone right is crucial.
Wearing red will bring excitement into your day. It is the color of stimulation, showing a sense of exhilaration but also suggesting a demanding character. It is a great color to wear at the end of the week when your energy level might be flagging. Do not, however wear red when trying to calm children at bedtime.
Quotes About RED
- Red is the ultimate cure for sadness. - Bill Blass
- When in doubt wear red. - Bill Blass
- Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue. Those of us who aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might think we're stupid. - Jules Feiffer
- Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick. - Gwyneth Paltrow
- I painted one dining room red and I must say, the conversation became very heated in that room. - Amanda Pays
- Red brought out more of my personality. -Bob Edwards
- Painters use red like spice. - Derek Jarman
- I am a Red man. If the Great Spirit had desired me to be a white man he would have made me so in the first place. -Sitting Bull
Cherry Red - Bee Gees
Red in Song Titles
- The Woman In Red - by Stevie Wonder
- Lady In Red -by Chris De Burgh
- Cherry Red - by Bee Gees
- Little Red Corvette - by Prince
- Red House - by imi Hendrix
- Red Red Wine - UB40
- Red Roses for a blue lady- by Vic Dana
- Ballad Of The Boy In The Red Shoes - by Elton John
- Red Headed Woman by Bruce Springsteen
- Red Mosquito - by Pearl Jam
- Red Hill Mining Town - by U2