I haven't done this in a really LONG time but I think this is how:
Things You'll Need:
2 40-inch-long pieces of lanyard
Foam board (optional)
The Lanyard Weave
1. Cross the two pieces of lanyard at the exact center. Hold strands in place with a straight pin as you work.( If you work on a piece of foam board, it will be easier to pin.)
2. Fold the top vertical piece down and to the left, crossing over the horizontal strand. Fold the left half of the horizontal strand to the right, below the other half and over the top of both vertical strands.
3. Fold the right-hand piece of the two vertical strands up over the two horizontal strands.
4. Fold the top strand of the two horizontal strands to the left, over the right-hand vertical strand, but tucking it beneath the vertical strand on the left.
5. Pull tight. This is the basic lanyard knot.
Making the cross.
Work one lanyard knot on top of another until you have a piece about 1 1/2-inches long. Repeat to make a second piece about 1-inch long. (You should have plenty of lanyard left at the top of each one.)
Put the two pieces top to top. Take 2 strands from the left side of the short piece and 2 from the left of the long one.
Using those 4 strands, repeat the basic knot, working for another inch. Repeat on the other side.
Tie off the ends at each arm of the cross. Secure with glue.