Dbro profile image 90

What is the one thing that inspires you to create art?

Everyone has their own reasons for creating. I wonder if there is a common thread that we artists all share. What causes us to desire to create?

phdast7 profile image82

Theresa Ast (phdast7) says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 5 years ago

Yes, I agree that many things can inspire us. I'm wondering what makes us as artists respond to that inspiration in artistic expression. Is it a personality type, an attitude? I'm wondering what that inner voice is that drives us to create.

SidKemp profile image95

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 5 years ago

Interesting, SidKemp. It sounds like your artistic expression is a response to the world. Do you ever find yourself in a "dry" period? If so, how do you rediscover the passion you obviously bring to your work?

chipped teacup profile image83

Sarah (chipped teacup) says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 4 years ago

Well said! There is a lot to be said for just getting down to work. It's amazing what interesting directions we can take when "in the process." Pearl S. Buck had a famous quote about that. Thanks for your answer, chipped teacup.

Eric Prado profile image80

Eric Prado says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 5 years ago

It's interesting that for you music is tied to your (I assume) visual art. I also like to "celebrate the everyday" in my art. I like to find the beauty in things that people often overlook. What kind of art do you do?

cruelkindness profile image74

cruelkindness says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 5 years ago

I agree. There is something about the notion of achieving a sort of immortality through one's art.

Beata Stasak profile image82

Beata Stasak says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 5 years ago

I love your answer! I think you've hit on a part of where all our inspiration comes from - the desire to view life from a higher plane - to see its beauty, to feel and express its pain. Thank you for your input.