Dbro profile image 90

How do you measure success as a visual artist?

Is your definition of success strictly about dollars and cents, or do you also measure personal satisfaction, self expression, etc? Please tell me how you gauge your success in the subjective field of fine art.

jbosh1972 profile image88

Jason (jbosh1972) says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 4 years ago

Thank you for your answer, jbosh1972. I think most people will agree with you that monetary return is a poor scale to measure success when it comes to artistic expression.

Gareth Pritchard profile image71

Gareth Pritchard says

• Dbro profile image

Dbro 4 years ago

Thank you for answering my question, Gareth. Your measure of success as an artist probably speaks to the desire of all artists to resonate with others through our work. I love that you included (what I assume is) an example of your work. Fantastic