I'm not sure if you mean writing and selling new software, or if you mean using it.
If you mean using it, here are my tips from over 25 years in IT and training.
1. Know what the software does and doesn't do, and what you want to use it for.
2. Clean up your system (no viruses, plenty of disk space, etc.) before installation.
3. Read all instructions before installation.
4. Take time to learn your way around the program.
5. Pick a few specific small projects, and do each one carefully, learning to use the program.
6. Remember that there is a lot of excellent advice on programs and on add-ons on the web and on YouTube.