leroy64 profile image 79

What is an artist:?

I am looking for opinions on what qualifies someone to use the title artist.. I took the picture of the bridge; but, I don't consider myself an artist, although a few of my photos have won awards. (This one hasn't won any awards, because I have not entered it into a contest.)

sparkleyfinger profile image92

Lynsey Harte (sparkleyfinger) says

• Rochelle Frank profile image

Rochelle Frank 3 years ago

I think that is a great answer one of the best I have ever heard., though it kind of leaves out writers and poets. That's ok.

Rod Marsden profile image79

Rod Marsden says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

I know the work. He did sign his name. If I did that it would be vandalism at best,.

He had a body of work before he presented that piece, so perhaps reputation has a role? That's one of the reasons I am asking the question.

Gareth Pritchard profile image71

Gareth Pritchard says

• leroy64 profile image

Brian L. Powell (leroy64) 3 years ago

I considered asking "What is art?" This question module isn't big enough. There is a lot of material written on the subject. It seems to change every few decades.