Have you seen that dress made out of nothing but 130 used baseball covers and guts?

I am a big fan of recycling and repurposing old things, but this is a first for me ... artist Jennifer Hitchner designed a dress out of old baseballs. It is unique and best of all it was designed for a great cause ...the Port St. Lucie American Little League Association. I would have loved to win it, not to ever wear or take up room in my closet, but maybe to have a chance at having a photo made with NY Mets player Matt Henry : ). Do you know of any more creative repurposing ideas used or a great cause or have you seen this one yet, and what do you think about it? NY Mets signed it.

Missy Smith profile image88

Best Answer Missy Smith says

Faith Reaper 24 months ago

Hi Missy, yes, I thought it pretty cool too, yet not practical, but for a great cause! I love repurposing old stuff. I grew up in GA, so I am a Braves fan too. However, my dad loved the Red Sox. Hitchner is creative. I thought it was shells too : )

MizBejabbers says

Faith Reaper 24 months ago

Hahaha ...MzB now you have me laughing and, yes, I am sure they did! Yes, they cleaned it and sanitized the covers, etc. I think it is a great idea for charity, and the dress is not really meant to be worn. Good question : )

Sparklea profile image70

Sparklea says

Faith Reaper 24 months ago

Thank you, Lea. Yes, there are so many creative people out in the world repurposing whatever into beautiful art and all else for sure. I bet it is hot! Yes, they cleaned and sanitized it. It is for a good cause. God bless you and yours too.

erorantes profile image35

Ana Maria Orantes (erorantes) says

Faith Reaper 24 months ago

Oh, no, no, no, Ana, this is not my dress! It is a dress by artist Jennifer Hitchner. I just wondered if anyone else thought it a creative idea to recycle used baseballs for a good cause. Thank you

Faith Reaper 24 months ago

Yes, phew ... I don't think it is really meant for anyone to wear, but made as a novelty idea for a good cause and have all the players sign it. I am sure they were cleaned too with leather cleaner.