Boris Vallejo - Biography of a Fantasy Artist
Boris Vallejo is a Peruvian-born artist with amazing talent. Boris Vallejo started painting at the tender age of 13 and had his first illustration job by the time he was 16.
He emigrated to the United States in 1964, and illustrated Tarzan, Conan the Barbarian, Doc Savage, and many movie posters.
Boris Vallejo likes to do his preparatory work in pencil and ink sketches, and the final work is usually oils on board.
Boris Vallejo's Life Timeline
- 1941: Born January 8, Lima Peru
- 1954: Started painting at age 13
- Date: Attended National School of Fine Arts, Peru
- 1957: First illustration job, age 16
1964: Emigrated to the United States
- Late 1960's: Worked as Greeting Card Designer
- 1968: Illustrated Barbarella film poster
- Date: Married Doris, artist & writer
- Date: son, Dorian Vallejo born. [Portrait Artist]
- ADate: Daughter, Maya Vallejo born [Professional Photographer]
1978: Received Inkpot Award from San Diego ComiCon
- 1981: Illustrated Knightriders film poster
- 1982: Illustrated Q film poster
1983: Illustrated National Lampoon's Vacation film poster
1985: Illustrated Barbarian Queen movie poster and National Lampoon's European Vacation film posters
- 1994: Married Julie Bell, artist
2007: Illustrated Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters film poster
- Date: Moved to Allentown PA
Boris Vallejo on Amazon
References for Information in this page
Here are the links that I used to get most of the information in this page. It's only fair to give them credit, and give you the ability to check them out for further information.
- Bails Projects - Boris Vallejo
Really detailed info on a lot of the print material Boris Vallejo illustrated.
- Julie Bell & Boris Vallejo
The official website, www.Imaginistix.com
- Boris Vallejo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Boris Vallejo From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Ironic Sans: Boris Vallejo's palette
Photo of Boris Vallejo's palette -- he uses a disposable type palette, and a photo of an artwork of a dragon he did in 4 hours for a demonstration.
My Other Artist Bio Pages on Squidoo
If you love to read about the lives and accomplishments of artists, you may enjoy these other Squidoo pages I've built:
- Biography of Norman Rockwell, American Artist
Norman Rockwell and I never met. But his art had a lot to do with me becoming an artist. My parents had two Norman Rockwell art books in the house when I was growing up, and I loved to pour over all the illustrations when I was young...
- Richard Scarry, Children's Book Illustrator
Richard Scarry was the talented writer and illustrator of at least 300 books. Worldwide sales of over 300 million copies.I have searched the Internet and compiled, in chronological order, the major events in Richard Scarry's life...
- Robert Ripley - the man of curious wonders
Robert Ripley was an American cartoonist who made history because his art documented astonishing but true facts. He was an amateur anthropologist and was interested in unusual customs around the world...