- Arts and Design
Canon 60D vs Canon T2i
Canon Mid-range DSLRs
As you consider the newest DSLR from Canon, it is an obvious question that comes to mind: "What about the Canon 60D vs T2i?"
It looks as if these two are pretty similar in feature sets. Is there a difference?
Read on for the whole story about the newest Canon release, the 60D. You may find out some interesting stuff.
Look at the side-by-side comparison here --> Canon 60D vs T2i vs 7D!
Canon EOS 60D vs T2i
The Canon 60D is the newest digital SLR release from Canon. It is no longer a semi-pro model as its younger siblings were. However, if you are just entering the Canon SLR camera crowd, this may be the camera for you.
The Canon 60D has some basic features that are similar to the very popular Canon T2i:
- 18 mp sensor - this sensor is in both PLUS it is the sensor in the 7D; you will get fabulous image quality
- Extreme HD video - almost all reviewers agree that Canon has taken DSLR video to its highest level
- DIGIC 4 processor - again a proven winner in camera technology
The Canon 60D also has some features that are clearly better than the Canon T2i:
- Articulating 3" LCD screen - great for shooting video or from an unusual perspective
- Horizontal Electronic Level - great that horizon straight right from the camera
- 5.3 frame per second continuous shooting (vs 3.7 in the T2i) - excellent for action and sports like kids soccer or gymnastics
- Added cross-type auto-focus points (9 in the 60D vs 1 in the T2i) - this gives the photographer much more control of the area of focus
- Wireless flash control - requires an additional flash unit, but what a great feature for those professional looking shots
- Auto-ISO control - override the camera's ISO choice; again, more control for the photographer
- In camera RAW processing - edit your RAW photos right in the camera. In camera processing has many of the same post-processing features as you have on your own computer.
60D Sample Photo
The Canon 60D is plenty of image quality power. This picture was made using a Sigma 70mm macro lens.
image credit: Slice of Light on Flickr
Canon 60D vs Canon T2i
Canon Rebel T2i vs Canon 60D on YouTube
Canon 60D Promo
Canon 60D vs T2i
Which one is right for you?
The addition of a camera like the Canon 60D, which is more of a hybrid than an upgrade, has created some serious discussion about where it fits into the Canon lineup.
The 60D certainly offers some better capabilities over the T2i, yet it does not fit into the same "semi-pro" class as its predecessor, the 50D. Most notably, the camera construction has been downgraded in order to get the 60D to the targeted price point between the T2i and the 7D.
Photographers come in all shapes and sizes with all kinds of interests. That's where the debate for the Canon 60D vs Canon T2i becomes personal.
- What are your shooting wants and desires?
- Is 5.3 fps significant enough to sway your decision toward the 60D?
- What about an articulating LCD screen?
- Does an additional $300 have a strong impact on your wallet?
Get your Canon Digital SLR camera online.