- Arts and Design
Cupcake toppers How to craft a pinwheel
For my best friend baby shower I created these delicious Brazilian sweet treats to give out to each guest and in order to make them fun I decided to decorate them in fun colors and most importantly added a fun PINWHEEL toppers that I crafted with love. The Pinwheel toppers were a total hit and made the table look so pretty and fun that I figured it would be a good idea to share with you guys how I crafted those. The fun thing is that they can be used for not only sweet treats, but also salty appetizers and cupcakes. In addition they can be crafted with any card stock paper design or color you like and they are also so much fun to craft. It is a great project to start up with the kids for their next birthday party. Hope you enjoy crafting them as much as I did.
Last updated: 07/27/14
Picture credit: http://miximportsgifts.blogspot.com/
Materials I used to create the pinwheel cup cake toppers
Fun card stock
Step by step Instructions
* Pick a fun card stock in the colors or pattern of your party theme
* Cut the Cardboard paper in 1inch by 1 inch squares
* From the outside in cut a 1/2 an inch line on the edge of the square heading towards the center.
* Fold each of the 4 sides
* Glue the tips to the center of the cardboard square
* Add an embellishment or accent to the center
* With tape attach the back of the Pinwheel to the toothpicks
* display them nicely on top of your cup cake and on your sweet or salty treats.
Project in Progress PicturesClick thumbnail to view full-size
For more detailed instructions...
Visit my blog for more detailed pictures and for more fund crafts.
- Miximports Blogspot Pinwheel Topper Instructions
Miximports Blogspot Pinwheel Topper Instructions