- Arts and Design
Deluxe Art Kits For Teens and Adults
A Teen Artist Can Experiment For Hours with These Quality Art Kits
One of these Deluxe Art Kits For Teens could be the perfect gift for your developing artist. Here you will find videos about how to draw anime and much more! The video classes and a variety kit that includes paints, pencils, oil pastels, brushes and markers will give your budding artist an exceptional medium of choice to explore and create. The experience of a deluxe art kit will help your artist choose the perfect medium or help them choose the 'mixed' medium path that is right for them. These Deluxe Art Kits for Teens have been handpicked for quality, age appropriateness, best ratings and overall favorites! You can pick anything in this collection with confidence that it will be a fabulous art supply to add to your gift list.
Royal & Langnickel 124-Piece Sketching and Drawing Easel Artist Set
Royal & Langnickel have produced a great art set here with this easel set. The sturdy box doubles for storage and carrying and converts to an easel so you can work anywhere. The set included everything you need from sketching pad and pencils to watercolor and pastel pencils. For full details on the contents just click on the link. This is a great set for the teenage artist giving them enough variety and enough equipment to experiment with.
Get this awesome deal here. This set is currently on sale for $62 which is about 50% off the regular price of $129.
Featured Young Artist Essentials Gift Set - perfect inexpensive kit for beginners
How about this for the perfect starter kit for young artists? If your teen is unsure whether he like art enough to study it, if he is still experimenting this is the perfect inexpensive kit to give him. It comes in an attractive gift box which also makes it great for carrying and storing. Inside are a selection of materials including artist paper and instruction booklet, pencil sharpener and paint brush then the all essential mediums: with 24 color pencils and 8 watercolor pencils come 18 oil pastels and duel tipped markers in a variety of colors. In fact there is everything here he needs to experiment to his heart's content.
Top 10 tips for young artists
- Carry a sketch book with you - the best way to learn your art is to practice and that means actually doing it! The true base of all art is drawing so take a sketch book and a couple of pencils where ever you go and draw what you see. It doesn't have to be elaborate, in fact take it down to base level, and pick out one aspect to practice. It could be the corner of a table, someone's eye, a piece of fruit. You are training your eye so nothing is too simple to tackle.
- Look at other people's art work, not just the greats but take time to look at street artists work or your local art club, see what you think works and what doesn't. Of course you are going to learn most from the best.
- Take photographs - sometime the lens sees more than your eye. The camera focuses your attention to detail and perspective. Some people say they never SAW the world around them until they looked through the eye of a camera.
- Learn as much as you can from teachers, tutors, online videos - whatever is available to you - BUT allow yourself the freedom to let your own style come through. It may take time but eventually you will take a little bit of this and a little bit of that, add your own voice and make it unique.
- Be prepared to work at it. There are no shortcuts.
- Experiment with different media to see what works best for you be it watercolors or pastels, ink or marker pens. You will only ever find out what rings your bell by trying them all - or mixing them up even!
- Set aside a time every day to do something toward your art. That might be visiting an art gallery just as well as drawing a tree or painting a sunset.
- Don't go out and spend all you money immediately on paints and canvases before you know what it is you want to do and what equipment you need or indeed prefer to work with . There are some great painting and drawing kits available at reasonable prices that have a range of media for you to try out before you settle on anything finally.
- Don't expect perfection right at the start - or ever really. No one ever stops learning and improving. Once you have finished a piece, set it aside and come back to it in a few days, weeks, even months and look at it with fresh eyes. Don't be tempted to keep fiddling with it, if you are not sure if it is finished, leave it for a while and come back to it.
- Don't try to paint/draw every single strand of hair or blade of grass - too many people give up before they really begin by trying to include too much into their art work - here again, this is where training your eye comes in. Learn to see shapes, turn something upside down if you have to so you can see the shape without your eye being deceived by what it thinks it should see -
Royal & Langnickel Deluxe Sketching Set - The Top Pick For Deluxe Art Kits For Teens
Every artist knows how important the discipline of sketching is in developing their artistic skills and that says nothing of the joy of sketching as it's own art form. This brilliant sketching set from Royal & Langnickel is a perfect gift for a teenage artist.
Contained in the wooden box are a variety of tools including the usual sharpeners, erasers and paper and also a mannequin, ruler and sanding block. There are a range of graphine pencils and graphite stick, charcoal sticks, color sticks and pastel pencils.Normally $44, Amazon has this on sale for about $25. This is a great kit for teens on the go, or adults. Good for college students, too.
More Popular Deluxe Art Kits For Teens
Darice 80-Piece Deluxe Art Set
This 80 piece art set from Darice gets consistently good reports from customers. The sturdy box keeps everything together and fastens securely which makes it a great set for carrying anywhere. Inside you will find all you need to satisfy a budding artist. Included in the set are sketching pencils, color pencils, oil pastels and watercolors.