Digital Photography - an amazing invention
Digital photography has changed the way we take pictures. In the old days when cameras used film, you have to wait for days before your photos were developed and printed to see the results. And when you made a mistake it was just too bad, there is not chance to re-shoot. But those days are over, now with digital camera, as soon as you've taken the picture, you can look at it on your camera's LCD screen and if your not happy with it, you can delete it or take another one. In fact you can take as many as you like.
Why is digital so great?
- Photos can be stored and manipulated on a computer. Taking digital photos is the first step, and after that you can copy or download them from your camera to your computer. Most computer cameras will display your pictures on screen, they have a built in free software.
- Digital photos cost nothing to shoot, can be copied without any loss in quality.
- Digital photos can be printed cheaply at home by using your printer in just a few minutes.
- Photos can now be printed direct from your memory card without the digital images going via computer.
- Photos can be "burnt" onto CD or DVD, either for storage or as a slide show that you can view on a computer or television screen.
- You can share your photos for free, it is easy to send your digital photos to your friends and family anywhere around the world via email
- Digital photos can be uploaded on a Internet as web photo gallery and you can invite anyone to log on to and look at.
Digital Photography is a great way to take pictures . . .
One thing I like about it, is what you are able to do once you have copied it into the computer, that is where the real fun begins.
Almost any ordinary photo can be made to look great once you start manipulating it on your computer. Dull shots can be brightened and colour made richer or more natural and even horrible mistakes can sometimes be fixed. Image - editing software packages vary in what they allow you to do, but most of them have the basic editing features.
I particularly like the special effects filters that can turn your photos into paintings and sketches. They are usually one-click tools and you can choose the various settings you want, you can check and preview and then the computer takes a minute or so to process the new picture.
My favourite feature of my Kodak Easyshare Z700 camera's software is its ability to add fun effects to your pictures. With just one click of a button your picture will turn into something different.
Take a look at some of the photos that I have experimented using fun effects. Please let me know what you think.
- Digital Photography- Sepia Tone
Sepia tone is a type of digital photo in which the picture appears in shades of brown, giving it an old-fashioned look and also to create a different style.