DIY Mini Record Stand
DIY Record Stands
Don't know what to do with your old 45 rpm records; well make something special with them like this little mini record stand. It will be a cute stand displaying a knick knacks, at your desk even in your kitchen with a timer on it. Ideas are endless. It doesn't take up too much space. In fact it saves space because you can set something below it it too. Records lovers or someone with a favorite old song who owns this record would these stands because it will add a vintage touch to your home decor.
I use wire stand's I've found from my local Dollar General in town. The are generally local in the garden supply area. The stands are used for plants. I use them to make record stands, a do it yourself craft. Most of them are black colored somethings white. Even if I don't find other color but besides those you can always paint them. I've also made bigger stand's using the same wire style stands as well these mini one's. You can see what that they look like in the tutorial below.
I love the simplicity in making my own cute stands with records. The are such an added touch to my home decor. Learn how to make a record stand like this in the tutorial below. Hopefully you'll get your own ideas along the way.
Time required: 10 Minutes Tops
- 45 Rpm Record
- Plant Stand
- Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
1. Gather Your Supplies.
A 45 rpm record, plant stand and glue gun.
2. A Mini Plant Stand.
This is a black one I used. You could even paint it a different color. Whatever your favorite color is or a color to match the room you'll use it in. I think Pink would look awesome!
3. A 45 Rpm Record.
If you have some from your childhood days and don't want to use those; go to thrift sales or a thrift store. Your sure to find some there. Pick out a artist or song your know. That always makes it more fun. Mine is California Sun by the Riveria's.
4. Use a glue gun along with glue sticks. Depending on how many stands big or small be sure to have a few sticks nearby to use.
5. Turn the plant stand upside on the record. Center it and then glue around the edges of the stand to the record. It drys quickly. Turn it over and you got yourself a cute little mini stand.
6. See how cute it turned out!
7. You can set a knick knack underneath and put our favorite plush animal on top like I did. Really you can use the stand for anything.
8. This is a fun idea. Make a record bowl to sit on top of the stand. Doesn't that look neat. You could just sit it there or even glue the bowl to it. Your choice. Learn to make a record bowl by watching my how-to tutorial. Click HERE:
This is a bigger record stand I made. The same steps apply as making a mini stand.