- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Types Of Fabrics Embellishments / Textiles Decoration Techniques
Using Embellished Fabrics / Clothes
Embellishing your own clothes or accessories will require that you design the textiles you've chosen in a creative and fun way. Embellished fabrics reflect trends in decorative dressmaking. You can embellish fabrics by sewing onto the garments for the purpose of decoration.
Whether you want to embellish your personal fabrics or it is for commercial reason, there are many different ways to embellish clothes. You can also buy your own ready to use embellished clothes or accessory from any shopping outlet.
As some people already know how to embellish their own clothes, they can choose to decorate either a large portion of their fabrics, others prefer embellishing specific sections to bring out a new fashion look.
You can choose to embellish your household accessories such as table cloths, pillows, and others. Or choose to embellish sections of your fashion wears such as cuffs, collars, sleeves, yokes, front of blouse, sections of pants / trousers.
What You Need To Know Before Embellishing Fabrics
If creative design is not your thing, you can still read this. These tips are for those that want to embellish fabrics on their own as a diy project. These are some of the things you should bear in mind before starting your embellish craft.
- You should carry out a trial practice using newspapers or old fabrics that you no longer use.
- It depends on the project to be carried out, you can use a stabilizer under the clothes to give it support and to stop puckering during embellishing process.
- You can use normal thick thread or knitting yarns to embellish your favorite fabric, bearing in mind the color and style you want to bring out.
- You can make your own embellished patterns to guide you depending on how you want the design to look.
- Find out what the embellished materials are made of, so that you will know if it has the same care instructions as the fabric you want to use it on.
- Whatever look you want to achieve, you can use any appropriate embellishing design for it. You can embellish on plain, print or any other color fabric. To achieve a more casual look, contrast your embellishment with the base fabrics.
How To make Pintucking On Fabrics Tutorial
- How to sew pintucking on fabrics
Learn how to sew pintucks using sewing machine. This is a free online tutorial.
Styles Tips To Use In Embellishing Fabrics
Pintucks in Clothing
Pintucks on fabrics is when there are tucks on fabrics that is as wide as a pin. Pintucks can be used to embellish a variety of materials, but the one i'm interested in is the one used to decorate or embellish plain fabrics by using repeated patterns or get a striped effect.
Needle Felting On Fabrics
You use yarns to embellish on a wool base fabric. There are some hand felting tools to help in this type of craft project.
Needle Felting Projects Free Patterns
- Free Needle Felting Patterns | Needle Felting Kit | Needle Felting Wool | Needle Felting Instruction
LIVING FELT offers needle felting supplies and instructions with full color photos, needle felting wool, a fun needle felting kit assortment, needle felting supply, felting needles.
How To Make Ruffle Hem On Clothes
Ruffles Embellishment on Fabrics
Ruffles on fabrics materials used are widely-used as an element of a decorative easy techniques to gather trims. Embellished ruffles could possibly be made from only on or perhaps twofold overlaying of fabrics. You may have garments that are fitted with several ruffle decorative finishes, Including ruffle with a heading, and doubled ruffle edges or possibly like a circular ruffle. You could typically find decorative ruffles at the hem of most women clothing, such as on the necklines of clothing, hems and on sleeves.
As the name suggest, this is embroidering using machine to embellish fabric with embroidery designs. There are many types of embroidery designs you can embellish on clothing and accessories. You can embelllish embroidery designs on baby blankets, tablecloths, serviettes pillows plus other items.
Butterfly Embroidery Design Photo
Free Machine Embroidery Designs / Patterns Online
- Free Embroidery Designs & Machine Embroidery Patterns Online
Browse our collection of free machine embroidery designs and patterns for your next embroidery project. Find a free embroidery design to download today at EmbroideryDesigns.com
Couching Stitch Embellishment
Couching is an embellishment technique that you can use yarns or heavy threads to stitch across the surface of a base fabric and are fastened together with contrast finer thread to add a bit of color to the mix, you can also use the same color of yarn as base fabric. You can make a straight couching or zigzag stitch to secure the heavy thread or yarn in place. Many dressmakers use couching stitch to outline a design or sculpt the face of a doll or animal.
Easy Way To Make Yo-Yo and Couching Embellishment Techniques
- Yo-Yos and Couching: Two Easy-to-Do Embellishment Techniques - CraftStylish
With a few small fabric yo-yos, some beads, and couched yarn, you can create elegant vintage-inspired surface design that will turn your project into a showstopper.
Sequins and Buttons Decorative Embellishments Photos
Shine On Embellishment
If you want to attend any occasion with a bling, then having sequins, pearls or decorative buttons on your clothes are ways to appear looking special for that occasion. These shine ons can be added as strands on rows or individually. Some are sewn on by machine.
Other Tips For Embellishing Fabrics
- You can use adhesive glue to embellish fabrics instead of using threads, yarns and needles or machine.
- Make sure you read the adhesive instructions
- You can use a temporary glue to hold your embellishment in place as you sew
- Alternatively, you can have a permanent adhesive glue that can hold the fabric and embellished trims together without soaking through the fabric.