- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork»
- Crafts for Kids
Farmer Coloring Pages
Coloring Pages for Kids Featuring Farm Life
Children love animals, especially farm animals. Farmer coloring pages depict farm life similar to stories and picture books that appeal to kids. So coloring pages of animals and farmers gives young children a chance to learn while having fun.
Coloring pictures of farm animals can teach kids so many things:
- Colors (brown cows, white chickens, pink pigs, blue overalls on the farmer, and the green grass)
- Numbers (count the cows in the pasture)
- Vocabulary (silo, barn, wagon, fence, tractor)
- Sounds (cow goes moo, pig says oink, chickens cluck)
Rooster Graphic: The Graphics Fairy
What Does a Farmer Do on the Farm?
Teach children about farm life by coloring
Farmers work hard taking care of the farm. The farmer's chores can include feeding and caring for the animals, planting and harvesting crops, mending fences, milking cows, and repairing equipment.
If possible, plan a field trip to a real live farm to let your children see what all happens on the farm. Then head home to reinforce what they learned using some coloring pages provided here.
Check out this sheep coloring page courtesy of The Graphics Fairy through the link below.
Farmer Coloring Pages to Print and Color
- Honking Donkey: - Farm & Animal coloring and activity sheets for PreK thru 5th Grade
Farm and Animal Coloring Pages, printable farm coloring activity pages, wildlife and wild animal coloring pages. A variety of farm life coloring pages featuring work and fun times on the farm.
- Farmer and Farm Coloring Pages: hellokids.com
Farmer coloring pages that kids can either color online or print the coloring pages and color them at your leisure.
- On The Farm Coloring Pages
On The Farm coloring pages are in .PNG format. These fun printable coloring pages include a farm woman feeding chickens and a farmer with his barn.
- *The Graphics Fairy*: Vintage Clip Art - Sheep Diagram
Sheep diagram to print and color.
Crayons for Farmer Coloring Pages - Get in there and color with your kids; it's fun!
Activities for Kids Beyond Coloring Pages
Know your farm animals!
Teach kids the names of the different farm animals by gender. Children can learn the correct names of farm animals with a little help. First explain that girls are called females and boys are called male.
- Pigs: The female pig is called a sow. The male pig is called a boar. Baby pigs are called piglets. A group of pigs is called a herd.
- Cows: The female cow is called a cow. The male cow is called a bull or steer. Baby cows are called calves. When we talk about a lot of cows, we say cattle.
- Chickens: The female chicken is called a hen. The male chicken is a rooster. Baby chickens are called chicks. A group of chickens is called a flock or a brood.
- Sheep: The female sheep is called a ewe. The male sheep is a ram. Baby sheep are called lambs. A group of sheep is called a flock or a herd.
Photo Credit: Peggy Hazelwood
Farm Animal Sounds - Click to listen to the sounds of farm animals
Activity Coloring Pages
Mix it up with some activities to go with coloring
Kids like to learn, but they also want it to be fun. Mix it up and give them farmer coloring pages that are more of a challenge than just coloring. More links are provided for a more fun activities for your children:
- Dot to Dot worksheets to help with counting numbers
- Step by step drawing instruction of farm animals to use as art projects
- Count the pets and animals then color the page
Image Source: The Graphics Fairy.
Milk Crisis - Baby needs her milk!
This adorable Sesame Street Milk Crisis movie from the 1980s shows real farmers and real animals dealing with a milk crisis. How does milk get to the baby's bottle?!
Coloring Pages of Animals with Activities
- FARM ANIMALS dot to dot game - ANIMALS dot to dot: hellokids.com
With these fun farm animal pages, kids connect the dots in the dot to dot game then can color the pages. Teach counting then let them have fun.
- Learn to draw farm animals step by step: Prek-8.com
Learn to draw farm animals then color them. These free coloring pages encourage kids to draw as well as just color.
- How Many Farm Animals Book for Early Readers - EnchantedLearning.com
How Many Farm Animals, A Book for Early Readers: Print out the pages of this Farm Animals color book . Cut out each page. Staple the pages together, then fill out and color the pages.
- Coloring pages Agriculture
Educational coloring pages Agriculture. Images for schools and education - teaching materials.
- search hellokids.com : farm
Coloring pages, Disney coloring pages, Marvel coloring page, favorite characters, games, jokes, tales for kids
Do You Have a Favorite Farm Animal?
What's your favorite farm animal?
This author, Peggy Hazelwood, participates in Amazon, eBay, All Posters, and other affiliate advertising programs. When you click an advertising link on this page and make a purchase, I receive a small percent of the sale. Thank you for reading this far!