- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How to Make Cute Felt Apples Craft
What you'll need:
- 3- 2" polystyrene (aka- "Styrofoam") balls
- Felt: red, tan, burgundy, and green
- 2 regular craft sticks
- 1 miniature craft stick
- Brown craft paint
- White craft glue
- How to make it:
- From tan, burgundy, and red felt, cut out the pattern.
- Place polystyrene ball in the center of the felt cross and glue in place.
- Glue left and right side up onto the ball first, the ends should meet at the top of the ball.
- Glue the remaining two strips of the cross up the side of the ball, tucking in any felt that may be sticking out.
- For the caramel apple, insert a craft stick down the center of the tan ball.
- For the candy apple, insert a craft stick down the center of the burgundy ball.
- For the orchard apple, first paint the top half of the miniature craft stick with brown paint.
- When dry, insert the unpainted end of the miniature craft stick down the center of the red ball.
- Cut two small leaf shapes from the green felt and glue to the top of the apple near the stem.
- These will make very cute gifts for your new teacher!
- Felt is inexpensive and fun to use, be sure to have plenty on hand for impromptu projects.
- For a fun twist, use 3-D brown fabric paint to add "chocolate" drizzle to the caramel apple!