Do You Need Scrapbooking Ideas?
There you are sitting among blank pages, mounds of photographs and tons of frustration, looking for the perfect scrapbooking ideas. You realize you haven't actually designed anything creative yet. You feel like a creative failure. You're not! You are creative: you just need a little inspiration. One way to find inspiration is by browsing the Internet. Look at what others are doing to give you ideas. Use their ideas as a jumping point for your own creative genius.
Scrapbooking is a wildly popular and fun hobby. Stores are overflowing with scrapbooking supplies, books and classes for every level of scrapper. And if you've been scrapping a while you might feel like you've done it all when it comes to scrapbooking ideas. This lens will give you suggestions on topics you may not have thought about.
Finished in a Flash
Scrapbook Page Ideas
Scrapbook layout ideas to get you started
Here are some scrapbook page ideas you can use for your next album.
School age children's events for the kids you have in school. Create an album of their different activities. You could have one for each year for all your kids or maybe spread them out among different albums for each child.
A seasonal album to hold all those pictures you take in different seasons. For example, a fall album could be done in earth tones and fall colors with an autumn theme while a spring album would be done in pastels with spring flowers or newborn animals as the theme.
A travel scrapbook can be created from photos of your family vacations and travels. Combine several trips in one album or create mini albums for each specific trip. Be creative.
Do you have tons of your grandchild's artwork plastered all over your home? why not create a children's artwork album. Sort the art by year and use the pieces as backgrounds, embellishments or frames for photos of the child.
An antique album is great for old photos taken in black and white or sepia tones. Dedicate one to your ancestors.
Scrapbooking Ideas For Scrapbook Layouts
Top Eight Tips for Scrapbooking Ideas.
1. Look to the internet and published magazines for inspiration. This is the most widely used option for finding new ideas. You will find literally thousands of scrapbooking ideas you can use or that will jumpstart your imagination.
2. Look to your scrapbooking friends for inspiration. Bounce ideas off each other.
3. Scan crafting and art magazines.
4. Card shops are a great option. They have cute cards with great color combinations. You will find lots of scrapbooking ideas here.
5. Browse old magazines. You can get ideas for journaling, color schemes, embellishments, and layouts. Keep these in a manila folder you can refer back to whenever you need ideas.
6. Another great way to get scrapbooking ideas is from home decoration magazines. Look at the pictures of walls with photo groupings. This can be a great idea starter on how to group your photos and embellishments on your paper.
7. Keep a bulletin board in your scrapbook area to tack up ideas when you find them. Clip ideas from your old scrapbooking magazines for future reference.
8. One idea that many don't think about are old store catalogs. Don't necessarily look at the contents of the page, but how the page layout is set up.
Learn How to Scrapbook from these Scrapbooking Books and Videos
I'd love to see what scrapbooking projects you are working on.