- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
Halloween Watercolor Tape Resist
Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! I love creating unique and fun Halloween inspired crafts with my son. This watercolor tape resist project is incredibly easy and there are endless possibilities! The kids will have a great time creating different designs with the tape and will be excited to pull off the tape to reveal their artwork!
Here's What You Need
- White paper. Printer paper is great.
- Watercolor paints.
- Paint brushes.
- A jar, cup, or container of water.
- Painter's Tape.
- Cover your work space with newspaper.
- Begin placing tape on the paper in a design of your choice. Create a Jack-O-Lantern, a bat, a witch's hat, or anything else Halloween inspired. It helps to leave a little excess tape hang over the edge of the paper if possible.
- Start painting. Use a variety of colors to make your art piece exciting.
- Allow the paper to dry. This usually takes anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.
- Once the paper is completely dry, gently and carefully begin peeling off the tape.
- Voila! Your masterpiece is complete!
Keep going! Make as many pictures as you'd like. Play around with different designs and see what you can create. Have fun!