How to make a Garden Gift Planter - Spring Stickers - Bugs and Blooms - Tiny Tot Craft Demo
Kids love to make things to give as gifts to parents, friends, family and each other.
Often, the smaller kiddos get left out of the joy of giving.
Here is a super fast and simple DIY gift the little ones can make.
This lens will show you how to use stickers and simple tiny pots for the little ones to make garden gift pots for planting.
Put some seeds in the finished pots and viola, instant kiddie gifts for grandma.
With summer upon us, this is a great craft activity that the kids can do outside. Use it to spark an interest in spring and summer time gardening activities and instill a love and respect for mother nature early on.
Image credits; Poetvix
Safety and modifications - If using a glue gun for ribbon or candy attachments, have a grown up do this step or do hand over hand with young ones not practiced with the tool. White glue can be substituted.
Be sure, if using acrylic sprayed candies, children are old enough not to eat them when given a gentle reminder just prior to beginning the activity.
Theme ideas for summer:
- Red, white and blue.
- Stars and bars, American flag
- Things you find at the beach
Time required: 5 minutes
Cost: under $3.00
- Tiny pots
- Spray Acrylic
- Ribbon (optional)
- Candy (optional)
- Glue gun or you could use Rubber Cement.
1. Get your pots, stickers, bling and tools all together.
2. Pick your pot and stickers.
3. Apply the stickers. I like to take them over the edges.
4. Add any bling you may want. I did some ribbon that I glued on. On another pot, I used the hot glue gun to glue on hard candies that I had sprayed with acrylic so they will not melt and get all messy.
5. Take the pot outside to be sprayed with acrylic. Do not do this step indoors even in a well ventilated room.
6. Fill with gifts. I'm doing Morning Glory seeds and chocolate. :)
7. Do another one just for fun.