- Arts and Design
How to make a pencil art without pencil
If you are a person who loves drawing and painting, you must be aware of the various techniques and types of paintings. But this article is going to show you a different method of shading that can be done by anybody. This will make a perfect gift for those who want their gifts to have a personal touch. My husband gifted one such art for my birthday and another after my son was born. I loved those gifts and wanted to share it with everyone. The process is simple and the gift will be memorable since it is handmade.
Time required: One hour
- Chart Paper
- Light cloth
- Small Hammer
1. Sharpen the pencil and extract the lead from it. Repeat the process till you have an ample amount of lead.
2. Wrap the lead in a light cloth and crush it into fine powder using a small hammer.
3. On the chart paper, create a light outline of the picture you want to draw.
4. Place the powdered lead in a small cloth and wrap it. With this cloth start shading within the outline on the chart. You can choose to shade dark or light according to your requirement.
5. Take an eraser and erase the drawn outline carefully. In its place shade it with the lead cloth in the shape of the outline. The shading has to be in continuous strokes to place the shades evenly. You can also use the eraser to erase or lighten certain shades to enhance the effects.
6. Your pencil art is ready. You can frame it and use it as a wall hanging or on table top.