- Arts and Design
How to Make a Tambourine
Making your own musical instruments is creative and fun! Learn how to make a tambourine in this Little Crafty Kids tutorial. You need just a few simple items to make it, and then you can have fun making lots of music!
Enjoy this step-by-step guide to making a DIY tambourine, and then why not help your child decorate it in your own style with stickers and pens?
Photo Credits: (c) All photos are copyright of the author
Time required: 10 minutes
Cost: Less than $10
- Wooden embroidery hoop
- Baking parchment or greaseproof paper
- 3 x foldback clips (binder clips)
- 3 x craft bells (around 15-20mm size)
- Stickers to decorate
1. Assemble your materials. Open up the embroidery hoop
2. Place the greaseproof paper over the smaller hoop, and then press the larger hoop over the top. Fasten the hoop back together again
3. Trim away the excess paper
4. You now have a nice, neat body for your tambourine
5. Disconnect one of the loops on each of the three foldback clips
6. Slide a bell onto each clip loop, then reattach the loops to the clips
7. Clip the foldback clips onto the rim of the embroidery hoop, spacing them out evenly.
TIP: You can use all the same size of bell, or do as we did and have two smaller bells and one larger one in the middle
8. Voila! One super simple tambourine, ready to make music! Decorate as desired with stickers of your choice
Would you make music with a DIY tambourine? Please leave your comments and feedback here. To leave a comment you need to be signed into Squidoo. You can sign up for a free Squidoo account or easily sign in via Facebook or Twitter when you submit your comment.