How to make paper flowers
Why paper flowers?
You may wonder what is the point to make paper flowers for your beloved, since it is fake and the materials are cheap. Moreover, you may need to spend plenty of time to learn how to make it, and to wrap and decorate it as well.
If you wish to compare the appearance of the paper flowers with the real flowers? of course, real flowers look fresh with natural fragrance while paper flowers are just a piece of paper. You may just make a call to order a bouquet of flowers and collect it when you are convenient to do so.
However, not all the things in the world could be simply replaced by money, including sincerity and eternity.
Make the paper flowers personally for your beloved would definitely show your sincerity, and the flowers you make would last much longer than any flower in the world.
So, what are you waiting for?
In this lens, I will use figures and video demonstration to guide you for each steps, so you could be easier to understand it and learn it in the shortest time.
2. Foam papers
3. Cloth tape (Green color)
4. Iron sticks (Green color)
First, cut the cloth tape with dimension 5 X 5 cm and 1 X 2 cm. Then, cut the 5 X 5 cm one into two pieces with triangular shape.
For the foam papers, the dimension is around 3.5 X 50 cm.
1. Place the foam paper behind the iron stick as shown in Figure 2
2. Fold the foam paper corner to cover the iron stick and use the cloth tape (1 X 2 cm) to stick them together (Figure 3)
3. Bend the iron stick inward (Figure 4)
4. Press the foam paper down to make a triangular shape (Figure 5)
5. Use your thumb at all the time to stabilize the structure as shown in Figure 6a (front view) and 6b (side view)
6. Turn the "triangular" around the iron stick without moving the iron stick until the disappearance of the triangular shape (Figure 7)
7. Fold the foam paper downward and turn the folded foam paper around the the iron stick for 270 degree (Please watch the video "How to make paper flower" from 0:58 as shown below)
8. Repeat step 7 until a rose is formed
Step 7 is the most critical step. Beginner has to practice more in order to make pretty paper flower. Once you are familiar with the procedures, you will be able to make a paper flower within a minute.
How to make paper flower
Tighten the paper flower
Lastly, tighten the paper flower by using cloth tape (half 5 X 5 cm) as shown in Figure 8-11
What you need to make paper flower
The materials needed to make paper flowers could be easily bought in book shop. You may also find some of them in Amazon as shown in below.
How to wrap flowers
This lens is about how to make paper flowers. Here, I am introducing few websites on how to wrap flower, since I am not professional.
- How to Wrap a Bouquet of Flowers
Whether gathering flowers from your garden to make a bouquet or purchasing a bouquet at the store, it's always good to wrap them if you plan to give them to somebody. This is particularly important if there's going to be a lag between when you buy an
- How to Wrap Flowers for a Gift
Whether you make your own bouquet or buy one from a shop, you can wrap it up to display your personality and creativity.
- How to Wrap a Bouquet of Flowers
Depending on the style, shape and size of your bouquet and the colors of the flowers, choose a length of tasteful wrapping paper, cellophane or simple brown paper, and select a ribbon that matches the predominant color of your bouquet.
How To Make a Gift Bouquet Of Flowers
If you are too busy...
You may also buy the fresh flower if you are too busy to make paper flower yourself.
Paper Flower for Decoration
Paper flower can be designed for decoration too.
You may fold the stick in different kind of shape, it is all depend on your interest and creativity.
The picture on the right shown one of the examples. After folding the stick, the paper flower could be a nice decoration on your table, living room and any other places, they are beautiful and presentable.
You may also stick some leaves on the stick, make them to become "real flower"!
Recommended books for making paper flowers
And also, here are some recommended books to teach you how to make paper flower, you may buy them as references. You may find some new ideas to make paper flowers.