- Arts and Design»
- Crafts & Handiwork
How To Make Shoebox Paper Aquarium Crafts Projects - Shoe Box Crafts
Paper Aquarium Using Shoe Box Craft Activity
Paper aquarium using shoe box craft is another great and fun way to spend time with children at home. You can use cardboard, diaper box or any other box to make this aquarium craft.
Using the step by step guide will show kids how to follow instructions and to develop listening attitude and patience till a project is completed.
You can try to make this shoe box aquarium look so real that this can encourage your kids to always look forward to spending more creative time with you.
The fish that will look as if it is floating inside the aquarium can be made by drawing the fish and decorate by painting them with the color of any fish you want in the shoe box paper aquarium. You can use glitter on the fish to make it shimmer.
You can use any size of the shoe box , you can use either large or small shoebox, depending on how you want the aquarium to appear. Aim at how real you want the finished paper aquarium should look like.
You will use a sewing thread or any other thin thread to suspend the fish in the aquarium, use sticky tape to hold the thread at the inside top of the box aquarium. You can place sands, shells, pebbles, and rocks at the bottom of the aquarium to make it look attractive.
Paper Aquarium Using Shoe Box Materials
These are some of the materials you can use in making shoebox paper aquarium. You can add other materials to make the aquarium more of what you want it to be.
- Shoe box of any size
- PVA glue
- Plastic film
- Sticky tape
- Colored tissue paper or you can color a plain color tissue paper
- Paint brush
Recycled Paper Aquarium Using Shoe Box
Make this aquarium from recycled materials such as shoebox, cardboard, or other boxes from your home. This is a hand crafted toy aquarium that can be a useful gift to kids.
As mentioned above, most of the materials can be found at your house, things like PVA glue, scissors, sticky tape or paints.
If you have kids or you just enjoy craft activities as a hobby, then it is a good idea to save and recycle empty bottles, boxes, newspapers, paper plates and many other things, in case you come across some great craft tutorials that you may like to make.
Paper Aquarium Using Shoe Box Tutorial
- The shoe box lid should be cut out in a rectangular shape
- The shoe box base is also cut out in a rectangular shape
- You can paint any color on the inside and out of the cut out shoe box and lid. Some people prefer using blue to color as it is a standard color for water.
- Glue a plastic film over the space of the shoe box lid that you cut out
- You can start cutting strips of colored tissue paper preferably green color to make it look like weeds. This you will attach by using glue or sticky tape to hold it at the top of the inside aquarium.
- You will draw any number of fish, paint and decorate them. Use glitter if you want.
- Attach fish to the shoe box lid with thread. You can do this by using sticky tape to attach one end of the thread to the fish and the other end of the thread should be attached to the top of the lid. This will make the fish to hang suspended as if swimming in the aquarium.
- Put other aquarium materials like pebbles, sands and others at the bottom of the shoe box.
- Use sticky tape or glue the plastic film over the shoe box base space that you cut out
- Use the shoe box lid to cover the shoe box and place it in a place you want the shoe box paper aquarium to be.
Other Cardboard Aquarium Instructions
- ikat bag: Cardboard Aquarium
How to make cardboard aquarium using baby diaper box