Make Your Dreams Come True by Making a Scrapbook of Your Visions or Goals
Scrapbooking for the Vision of Future Goals
Do you have dreams, vision, or goals for your future (or even near future)? If you do, it doesn’t matter how old or young you are. Nor, does it matter if you are a male or a female. You need a process to use to help you accomplish your goals for success. A good way to begin this journey into success is to create a visions or dreams scrapbook and work towards those dreams or goals, whichever you want to call it. Yes, you can make your dreams come true by making a scrapbook of your visions or goals. You are a visionary. There is nothing better than having your vision on paper with images, and the steps to get there, except having those visions come alive. Success for each person is an individual thing. Items each person wants in their lives is also a personal preference. Careers, businesses, jobs, homes, cars, clothes and fashion, and so much more are all personal and individualized depending on personality and other factors. Using a scrapbook to place concrete visions of future dreams and goals is just a neat way of seeing it all down on paper. The thought process behind this is in the very familiar quote, “if you can imagine it, you can achieve it, if you can dream it, you can become it” by William Author Ward. If you believe it, you can definitely achieve those goals you have for your life. Just dreaming about how you want your life to progress is not enough. Listing them is helpful so that you can check them off as they come into being. But, looking at them written out and with images is a true inspiration to keep working towards those goals. Place a sticker on each goals page as you accomplish them and keep adding to it as necessary or as other visions hit you or come to mind.
Scrapbook: Making it Work
Steps to Your Dreams in a Scrapbook
The process of creating a vision scrapbook of goals is quite simple.
- Gather materials together.
- You will need a notebook, binder, photo album, or better yet, a scrapbook. There is also video or electronic scrapbooking for you technological gurus. But, I prefer the in-hands way. I can pull it out anywhere and anytime without having to sign into anything.
- Make a list of your goals and dreams for your life and have it readily available. You can choose any goals you want. It could be a goal of being financial secure. It could even be a goal of making a business work, marital goals, adventurous goals, or whatever the case may be. You should begin with no less than 5 things, but go for 10. The sky is the limit, however.
- Gather, take, or print pictures that best describe your dream or goal. For example, you may have a picture of a nurse, a hospital, or Nursing school or equipment and supplies if your dream is to be a nurse. Another example, is to use a picture of the type of car that you would like to own. For me, I had a picture of many books, paper, and other writing supplies, because I wanted to write a book. Someone can have pictures of all kinds of mass communications equipment. Someone else may have the pictures of the perfect wedding for them. A nice romantic getaway or exotic place could be in your dreams. The house that you always wanted. Different pictures of businesses in the area you wish to own a business in. There is no limit to your dreams and visions.
- Supplies you need depend on what you use, notebook, binder, photo album, or scrapbook. If you are using a notebook, you will need a glue stick. If you are using a binder, you need paper, construction paper, or tabbed paper to label each page. You will also need glue in this scenario, unless you use scrapbook or photo album fillers. For photo albums or scrapbooks, you don’t need anything but scissors. Scissors are needed to cut out your pictures, or make them into special shapes to fit into your book. You may even want to shape the paper your text is on into different shapes that are pleasing to your eye.
- Write or type your vision, goals, or dreams and each step you have to take in order to reach them. You can chop the steps down into very small steps or make them big steps. I like doing little steps so I can see myself getting there little by little. I can feel the progress through one step at a time. That’s all we can do. Maybe the first step is researching that career goal. Then, finding a school or college. Then, filling out the application and FASFA for financial aid. Then, meeting with that school, and so on and so on. Maybe it will be the steps in saving for that car or the process of getting a loan. You could have been putting off for the loan for that car because you want to buy it straight out. Or, you need the job or the savings to do it. What steps would you use to save that money? Do it up step by step.
- The hard work is already done and you are ready to start. Cut and paste or cut and fit each picture or image and description in the order you choose.
- You can add ribbons, buttons, and any other types of decorations to each page, or the cover. Or, you can just leave it plain. The main thing is to refer back to it and place a sticker or other indicator on each page or step that is accomplished.
- Celebrate each accomplishment, each step taken, each page that has come to past.
- You are well on your way to making your dreams come true!
This is a good activity to do with your children also, or to have them do. I go into activities you can do with your children in another hub. But reading a Christian book or looking at a Christian site could also work for families. This is one way Christian families can really demonstrate their faith principles also if they choose to do so. You can also get great Christian gifts for your church or family that will influence faith and family closeness. It is an enjoyable activity and can put a smile on your fae. You may not see the real thing in front of you right now, but when you do finally see it, you can say you really did visualize it before it ever happened. You can show it.