Memo Origami: Fun Origami Project from Regular Memo Paper
Origami, the art of folding paper into shapes, is a lot of fun, but buying specialty origami paper can be cumbersome and expensive.
Luckily, there's an alternative. You can use regular office memo paper to fold your origami. It's colorful and square, exactly what's needed for origami creations!
Memo Paper is Perfect for Origami!
Memo Paper Comes in a Variety of Colors, It's Great for Origami!
Cute Origami Star
In this project, we'll create an awesome origami star from memo paper
Materials: 6 pieces of memo paper
Skill level: Intermediate
Time: 20 minutes
1. take a square memo paper
2. fold from corner to corner, twice
3. then open it
4. fold corners toward the middle
5. corners are folded in, now fold the corners of the new square in
6. now we have a little square. unwrap it!
7. pinch the corners to make
a little table shape
8. push the middle in, along the lines.
press the sides in and crease them
that's how it's supposed to look now (both sides)
9. now take one of the corner openings and push it in
10. push the opposite corner in, and you're done! now make 6 of these
11. now let's connect the units.
hold one of the units with a pointy arm up, insert the blunt arm of the other unit into it
12. push the pointy part down into the pocket.
the two units are connected!
13. connect all 6 units together, and you'll get a cube:
14. fold the cube walls in (see pictures). fold all the walls!
finished! your star is ready!!