Free Vintage Mother's Day Scrapbook Paper and Embellishments
Once again we're coming up on the day that we honor Mom every year, Mother's Day. Unfortunately, my mom has been gone a long time. But if she were here I know she would really appreciate it if I made something for her with some of these free Mother's Day scrapbook papers and embellishments. And they're not just for scrapbooking; they can also be used for making handmade cards and other crafts.
Oddly enough, the inspiration for these embellishments and papers was the master bedroom in the house I inherited when my mother died. I grew up in the house and hadn't lived there for many years. In the years that I was gone, my mother had "decorated" the house in her own style (decorating wasn't her long suit), so when I moved in I practically gutted the place. I removed all the carpeting to reveal the original wood floors, painted and wallpapered the walls and replaced all the window treatments. I paid special attention to my bedroom, because I considered that my sanctuary.
I still remember the pale yellow striped wallpaper that sat below a white wooden chair rail that circled the room. I loved that wallpaper because it was such a sunny yet subtle color and it matched with the other Victorian-look ice cream colors in the room. The yellow striped scrapbook paper you'll find on this page is very similar to that wallpaper.
The other scrapbook papers, and the embellishments, also hark back to that decorating scheme. Using images from Vintagerio, I infused them with an old-time feel that I hope moms everywhere will love. If you like those images, scroll down to see the Vintagerio link. It's a great site that offers unlimited downloads of over 15,000 images for one low price.
Free Victorian Mother's Day Scrapbook EmbellishmentsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Free Vintage Mother's Day Scrapbook PapersClick thumbnail to view full-size
Striped Scrapbook PaperClick thumbnail to view full-size
Vintage Scrapbook Embellishments
>> Visit my HubPages profile page to follow me on Twitter or Facebook! <<
Instructions for Downloading the Mother's Day Scrapbook Papers and Embellishments
2. Choose a small thumbnail version of any of the Mother's Day scrapbook papers and embellishments in the right column. When you click on one of the images, it will appear larger. Once you've chosen a scrapbook paper and see it larger, double-click on the larger image, which will make the best version of the art appear. (The embellishments, however, are smaller.)
3. If you have a PC, just right-click and save the final version of the artwork to your hard drive. If you're a Mac user, control-click the image until you get a pop-up menu that will give you an option to save the file on your hard drive.
Once the images are on your computer hard drive, you can do any of these:
- Paste images into a word processing document, size it and print it.
- Create your own digital layouts in a word processing document.
- Create your own custom digital scrapbook pages in a graphics program, such as Photoshop or Picnik.
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
You are free to use these Mother's Day images for your own scrapbooks, craft projects, handmade cards and other non-commercial uses. You may also use the images on blogs or Web sites, as long as you provide a link to this page and DO NOT group the images into a collection and distribute them, either free or for a fee. If you'd like your readers to see multiple images from this page, please post a screenshot and provide a link.
Please contact Carla Chadwick at Carla[@]B2BContentSolutions[.com] if you have any questions or special requests.
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿